Israel donates Anne Frank books to Tokyo librariestags: Israel, Tokyo, Anne Frank
Israel's embassy in Japan has donated more than 300 Anne Frank-related books to public libraries in Tokyo, after many were found vandalised.
More than 100 copies of Anne Frank's Diary of a Young Girl were damaged. Pages were ripped from about 265 copies of the diary and related books.
It is not clear who was behind the vandalism.
But on Thursday the Israeli embassy in Japan - and members of Japan's Jewish community - donated more copies.
The mayor of Tokyo's Suginami ward, which saw the worst of the vandalism, was presented with some of the books at a news conference....
comments powered by Disqus
- Conference delves into effects of climate change on native people
- History professor says the Vikings never came to Newfoundland
- NYT praises James McPherson for finding a way to remain objective about Jeff Davis
- Historian says the removal of Nazi-era art to Switzerland makes restitution unlikely
- Martin Kramer blasts MESA and Steven Salaita