Smithsonian wins approval for new museum designBreaking News
WASHINGTON (AP) - A federal arts panel has given final approval for designs and materials to build a bronze color "corona" as the defining element of the Smithsonian's new black history museum being built on the National Mall.
On Thursday, the U.S. Commission of Fine Arts voted to approve a cast aluminum lattice that will surround the National Museum of African American History and Culture. In different lights, it's meant to appear as a glowing bronze crown....
comments powered by Disqus
- Historians Question Trump’s Comments on Confederate Monuments
- Baltimore Removes Confederate Statues in Overnight Operation
- How the Nazi Flags in Charlottesville Look to a German
- Hollywood Forever Cemetery to remove Confederate monument after calls from activists and vandalism threats
- Protesters pull down Confederate statue in North Carolina
- N. D. B. Connolly says Charlottesville showed that liberalism can’t defeat white supremacy
- Historian William I. Hitchcock schools policymakers: Ike never threatened to use nukes in North Korea
- Ibram X. Kendi asks and answers this question: What would Jefferson say about white supremacists descending upon his university?
- Yale’s Beverly Gage slams Columbia’s Mark Lilla’s polemic in the New York Times Book Review
- NYT’s review of Nancy MacLean’s book, “Democracy in Chains,” ignores the debate about her use of evidence