Smithsonian wins approval for new museum designBreaking News
WASHINGTON (AP) - A federal arts panel has given final approval for designs and materials to build a bronze color "corona" as the defining element of the Smithsonian's new black history museum being built on the National Mall.
On Thursday, the U.S. Commission of Fine Arts voted to approve a cast aluminum lattice that will surround the National Museum of African American History and Culture. In different lights, it's meant to appear as a glowing bronze crown....
comments powered by Disqus
- Steve Bannon Vows ‘War’ on His Own Party. It Didn’t Work So Well for F.D.R.
- Tom Hanks: 'If you're concerned about what's going on today, read history'
- 9.7-million-year-old teeth discovery in Germany could re-write human history
- Charleston's International African American Museum's big plans
- What’s inside the secret JFK assassination files?
- Presidential historian Michael Beschloss explains the significance of yesterday’s Bush-Obama attack on Trump
- Russian minister keeps doctorate despite plagiarism claims
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian