Smithsonian wins approval for new museum designBreaking News
WASHINGTON (AP) - A federal arts panel has given final approval for designs and materials to build a bronze color "corona" as the defining element of the Smithsonian's new black history museum being built on the National Mall.
On Thursday, the U.S. Commission of Fine Arts voted to approve a cast aluminum lattice that will surround the National Museum of African American History and Culture. In different lights, it's meant to appear as a glowing bronze crown....
comments powered by Disqus
- Did Salmonella Kill Off the Aztecs?
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- McMaster knows how national security policy can go wrong. Will that help him?
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”