Nicki Minaj Apologizes For Using Malcolm X’s Photo For Controversial SongBreaking News
Rapper Nicki Minaj apparently took to Instagram to issue an apology for using a photograph of Malcolm X to promote her controversial and expletive-laden song “Lookin A** N*gga.”
“What seems to be the issue now? Do you have a problem with me referring to the people Malcolm X was ready to pull his gun out on as Lookin A** Ni***z? Well, I apologize. That was never the official artwork nor is this an official single. This is a conversation. Not a single,” read a note posted on Minaj’s Instagram.
She continued, “I am in the video shooting at Lookin A** Ni**z and there happened to be an iconic photo of Malcolm X ready to do the same thing for what he believed in!!!! It is in no way to undermine his efforts and legacy. I apologize to the Malcolm X estate if the meaning of the photo was misconstrued. The word “ni**a” causes so much debate in our community while the “ni**a” behavior gets praised and worship. Let’s not. Apologies again to his family. I have nothing but respect an adoration for u. The photo was removed hours ago. Thank you.”...
comments powered by Disqus
- Black Delegates at GOP Convention at Lowest Level in History
- Richard Moe calls on Obama to make Utah's Bears Ears a national monument. Bears Ears?
- What History Says About Donald Trump’s Convention Speech
- Rep. Steve King doubles down on white supremacy claim
- Does Melania Trump know what plagiarism is?
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer
- Adam Hochschild says he met the ghosts of his own work at a recent visit to the multiplex
- Colleges are implored to teach their own history