Nicki Minaj Apologizes For Using Malcolm X’s Photo For Controversial SongBreaking News
Rapper Nicki Minaj apparently took to Instagram to issue an apology for using a photograph of Malcolm X to promote her controversial and expletive-laden song “Lookin A** N*gga.”
“What seems to be the issue now? Do you have a problem with me referring to the people Malcolm X was ready to pull his gun out on as Lookin A** Ni***z? Well, I apologize. That was never the official artwork nor is this an official single. This is a conversation. Not a single,” read a note posted on Minaj’s Instagram.
She continued, “I am in the video shooting at Lookin A** Ni**z and there happened to be an iconic photo of Malcolm X ready to do the same thing for what he believed in!!!! It is in no way to undermine his efforts and legacy. I apologize to the Malcolm X estate if the meaning of the photo was misconstrued. The word “ni**a” causes so much debate in our community while the “ni**a” behavior gets praised and worship. Let’s not. Apologies again to his family. I have nothing but respect an adoration for u. The photo was removed hours ago. Thank you.”...
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian Allan Lichtman who’s predicted 30 years of presidential elections correctly is doubling down on a Trump win
- National Book Award semifinalist Heather Ann Thompson says the war on crime started with LBJ
- David McCullough's next book will focus on generations of Northwest pioneers
- British historian Sheila Lecoeur is on trial for defamation
- Jim Downs laments that Americans still aren’t being taught LGBT history