Kamikaze aircraft to go on display for first timeBreaking News
tags: World War II, museums, Japan, Great Britain, Kamikaze
A rare surviving Kamikaze aircraft seized by the British at the end of World War II is to go on display for the first time.
The aircraft, which would have been flown by a Japanese pilot on a suicide mission, was one of just four brought back to Britain from the Far East to display in museums.
It is not known what ever happened to the other three, but this Yokosuka MXY7 Ohka 11 has been kept in storage for the last 30 years at the Fleet Air Arm Museum near Yeovil, Somerset.
Staff have now wheeled it out in preparation for a lengthy refurbishment before they plan to exhibit it as part of an exhibition on the Pacific War in two years time....
comments powered by Disqus
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Transcribed Document: Soviet Politburo Discussed CIA Billion Dollar Spy Adolf Tolkachev
- Pentagon withholds Iraq War photos showing detainee abuse
- These Rebels Have Amassed A Library From Syria’s Ruins
- Was 1916 fire at Canadian Parliament set by German saboteur?
- United Nations Calls On U.S. To Pay African Americans Reparations For Slavery
- Juan Cole says America’s inclination to turn to the military started with Manifest Destiny
- History Jobs Drop
- Paul Krugman gives credence to Robert J. Gordon's pessimism about American economic growth
- Harvard President Drew Faust Condemns Free Tuition Proposal from Outsider Overseers Ticket
- Andrew Roberts says Trump is the Mussolini of America with double the vulgarity