GM Foundation Donates $1 Million to Smithsonian’s National Museum of African American History and CultureBreaking News
tags: Smithsonian, General Motors
The General Motors Foundation will become a founding donor of the Smithsonian’s National Museum of African American History and Culture through a $1 million grant. GM Foundation President Vivian Pickard presented the gift to the Museum Founding Director Lonnie G. Bunch III at the Washington Auto Show.
“GM and the GM Foundation have a strong legacy of support for the African American Community, and for the Smithsonian Institution’s preservation of our nation’s history,” said Pickard. “Through this grant we continue our commitment by helping to bring to life the story of African Americans who have changed our nation in so many ways.”...
comments powered by Disqus
- Supporters Rally Around Accused Russian Historian Of Stalin's Crimes
- Mormon history scholars file court brief over Trump travel ban
- Accused plagiarist Matthew Whitaker wins arbitration case against City of Phoenix over police contract
- Niall Ferguson says the liberal international order has passed its peak
- Nathaniel Philbrick wins the $50,000 2017 George Washington Prize