GM Foundation Donates $1 Million to Smithsonian’s National Museum of African American History and CultureBreaking News
tags: Smithsonian, General Motors
The General Motors Foundation will become a founding donor of the Smithsonian’s National Museum of African American History and Culture through a $1 million grant. GM Foundation President Vivian Pickard presented the gift to the Museum Founding Director Lonnie G. Bunch III at the Washington Auto Show.
“GM and the GM Foundation have a strong legacy of support for the African American Community, and for the Smithsonian Institution’s preservation of our nation’s history,” said Pickard. “Through this grant we continue our commitment by helping to bring to life the story of African Americans who have changed our nation in so many ways.”...
comments powered by Disqus
- Thomas Jefferson Wrote What? Carson’s Constitutional Misstep
- Agriculture Linked to DNA Changes in Ancient Europe
- A Century Ago, Einstein’s Theory of Relativity Changed Everything
- At Princeton, Woodrow Wilson, a Heralded Alum, Is Recast as an Intolerant One
- Fact-checking Trump's claim that thousands in New Jersey cheered when World Trade Center tumbled