Maura Cunningham: Mao's 120th Birthday [VIDEO]Historians in the News
tags: American Historical Association, videos
December 26, 2013 was more than Boxing Day -- it was the 120th birthday of Chinese leader Mao Zedong. Chinese scholar Maura Cunningham explains the significance of Chairman Mao's birthday, his legacy in modern China, and her own work on the development of the concept of child welfare in the People's Republic.
comments powered by Disqus
- Should Trump Be Impeached? What Founding Father James Madison Gave as Grounds for Impeachment.
- Long Lost Nordic Village Mysteriously Abandoned in the Middle Ages Rediscovered
- Holocaust Memorial Rebuilt Outside Far-Right Politician's House By German Activists
- Ratko Mladic Is Convicted in 1990s Slaughter of Bosnian Muslims
- Most Everything You Learned About Thanksgiving Is Wrong
- Is This Professor ‘Putin’s American Apologist’?
- Vietnam veterans challenge Ken Burns on the accuracy of his epic documentary
- OAH historians say events of the past year show they were right to emphasize freedom as the theme of the 2019 annual convention
- Why being a historian is about so much more than producing displays for museums
- Historian Says Textbooks Have Shaped Our Attitudes On Race