Maura Cunningham: Mao's 120th Birthday [VIDEO]tags: American Historical Association, videos
December 26, 2013 was more than Boxing Day -- it was the 120th birthday of Chinese leader Mao Zedong. Chinese scholar Maura Cunningham explains the significance of Chairman Mao's birthday, his legacy in modern China, and her own work on the development of the concept of child welfare in the People's Republic.
comments powered by Disqus
- Now it can be told: The weakening of the Voting Rights Act of 1965 is the crowning achievement of GOP partisans who detested the law
- Japanese textbooks may sanitize history, but comic art books don't
- Novels About Real-Life Women Are Saving Forgotten History
- Rubio becomes the first Republican presidential candidate in 2016 to admit US must confront “painful” history of racial discrimination
- CNN documentary focuses on “Nixon’s Own 9/11"
- Historians Against the War gathering signatures for new resolution to AHA on alleged violations of academic freedom in Israel
- Academic Seeks Death Certificate for Outlaw Billy the Kid
- Murderer of historian of Czech Jewry goes on trial
- Election results are in for the American Historical Association
- Nial Ferguson warns Obama’s bet on Iran has low odds of success