Maura Cunningham: Mao's 120th Birthday [VIDEO]tags: American Historical Association, videos
December 26, 2013 was more than Boxing Day -- it was the 120th birthday of Chinese leader Mao Zedong. Chinese scholar Maura Cunningham explains the significance of Chairman Mao's birthday, his legacy in modern China, and her own work on the development of the concept of child welfare in the People's Republic.
comments powered by Disqus
- Dr. Saad Eskander's forced departure from Iraq's National Library and Archives deplored
- Nancy Cott selected as the next President-Elect of the Organization of American Historians
- Scholar calls ISIS destruction of antiquities an example of ethnic cleansing
- Historian Qingjia Edward Wang never thought he would one day write a book about chopsticks.
- Bernard Bailyn’s influence on the profession is hailed in the WSJ