Maura Cunningham: Mao's 120th Birthday [VIDEO]Historians in the News
tags: American Historical Association, videos
December 26, 2013 was more than Boxing Day -- it was the 120th birthday of Chinese leader Mao Zedong. Chinese scholar Maura Cunningham explains the significance of Chairman Mao's birthday, his legacy in modern China, and her own work on the development of the concept of child welfare in the People's Republic.
comments powered by Disqus
- Will President Obama Award Suffragist Inez Milholland a Presidential Citizens Medal?
- US returning land to Japan on Okinawa it's controlled since World War II
- NJ college students discover their building is named after a racist and want it changed
- Sinclair Lewis Predicted Trump—And Us
- Harvesting Government History, One Web Page at a Time
- Bristol Brexit-backer Arron Banks ridiculed for arguing Roman history with Professor Mary Beard
- Niall Ferguson changes his mind about Brexit (he’s now for it)
- Princeton’s Julian Zelizer worried about the rise of anti-Semitism
- New Ken Burns' 'Vietnam War' documentary tackles divisive era
- Rightwing website is putting historians on its “Watchlist” for signs of apostasy