Maura Cunningham: Mao's 120th Birthday [VIDEO]tags: American Historical Association, videos
December 26, 2013 was more than Boxing Day -- it was the 120th birthday of Chinese leader Mao Zedong. Chinese scholar Maura Cunningham explains the significance of Chairman Mao's birthday, his legacy in modern China, and her own work on the development of the concept of child welfare in the People's Republic.
comments powered by Disqus
- Raleigh Trevelyan, Chronicler of a Notable Family, Dies at 91
- Former spokesman of B.C. anti-immigration group wants UBC history prof fired
- Harvard's Steven Shapin Wins History of Science Award
- Middle East Studies Association Fights a Rising Tide of Critics
- Juan Cole says the postwar Middle East governments were modeled on the Soviet Union, though not communist (interview)