'Shocking' theft of Texas historical items saddens museum officialsBreaking News
tags: Texas, Sam Houston
A burglary at the museum home of a former Texas governor that housed the largest known collection of Sam Houston photos has shocked historians and pushed police to ask for the public's help.
Museum officials are still trying to determine how many historic artifacts were stolen from the Jean and Price Daniel Home and Archives at the Sam Houston Regional Library in Liberty on the night of Dec. 12 or 13.
"The materials taken are of significant historical value. They were given to the State of Texas by former Governor Price Daniel and his wife, Jean, and represent a part of the historical record of our state," saidCesar Garza, from the Texas State Library.
Police have released surveillance video of a man they want to talk to after items including a sword and an American Indian headdress were stolen from the museum....
comments powered by Disqus
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Humans Hard-Wired to Teach, Anthropologist Says
- Parents outraged after students shown ‘white guilt’ cartoon for Black History Month
- Maryland is once again considering retiring its state song
- One of the last remaining Nazis goes on trial in Germany
- Inside story finally told of the young US diplomat who cracked the case of the murder of 4 nuns in El Salvador in 1980
- Historian at the center of Sanders-Clinton debate
- James Loewen Says Additional Baltimore Confederate Statues Should be Removed
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- A historian’s advice to students thinking of getting a PhD in a tough economic climate
- German historian Heinz Richter cleared of charges