'Shocking' theft of Texas historical items saddens museum officialsBreaking News
tags: Texas, Sam Houston
A burglary at the museum home of a former Texas governor that housed the largest known collection of Sam Houston photos has shocked historians and pushed police to ask for the public's help.
Museum officials are still trying to determine how many historic artifacts were stolen from the Jean and Price Daniel Home and Archives at the Sam Houston Regional Library in Liberty on the night of Dec. 12 or 13.
"The materials taken are of significant historical value. They were given to the State of Texas by former Governor Price Daniel and his wife, Jean, and represent a part of the historical record of our state," saidCesar Garza, from the Texas State Library.
Police have released surveillance video of a man they want to talk to after items including a sword and an American Indian headdress were stolen from the museum....
comments powered by Disqus
- Unilateral U.S. nuclear pullback in 1991 matched by rapid Soviet cuts
- More Historians Come Out for Trump
- History lesson horrifies parent: Blacks used to have ‘strong work ethic’ during slavery
- Philippines President Compares Himself To Hitler in Anti-Crime Rant
- U.S. Extradites Baltimore Professor to Rwanda to Stand Trial for Genocide