'Shocking' theft of Texas historical items saddens museum officialsBreaking News
tags: Texas, Sam Houston
A burglary at the museum home of a former Texas governor that housed the largest known collection of Sam Houston photos has shocked historians and pushed police to ask for the public's help.
Museum officials are still trying to determine how many historic artifacts were stolen from the Jean and Price Daniel Home and Archives at the Sam Houston Regional Library in Liberty on the night of Dec. 12 or 13.
"The materials taken are of significant historical value. They were given to the State of Texas by former Governor Price Daniel and his wife, Jean, and represent a part of the historical record of our state," saidCesar Garza, from the Texas State Library.
Police have released surveillance video of a man they want to talk to after items including a sword and an American Indian headdress were stolen from the museum....
comments powered by Disqus
- Norma Basch, pioneer in legal history, has died
- National History Day Helps 600,000 Kids Bring the Past to Life
- Finally some good news for history grads
- Historians issue statement in support of European migrants
- Conservative historian Arthur Herman slammed for saying Obama is highly submissive to Putin and other strong leaders