200th anniversary of siege of Fort Niagara re-enactedBreaking News
tags: War of 1812, Fort Niagara
YOUNGSTOWN – Snow crunched underfoot as Adrian Rittner, resplendent in the red wool uniform of a British military officer, entered the outer reaches of wooded Fort Niagara State Park around 5:15 this morning. True darkness enveloped him as the lights of modern day Youngstown faded behind him and the moon hid behind hazy cloud cover.
“It really puts you in the state of mind of what it was like 200 years ago,” said the Niagara Falls, Ont., resident.
He was one of about 125 re-enactors portraying British soldiers who took part in a predawn 5-mile march this morning from Lewiston to Old Fort Niagara to commemorate the 200th anniversary of the British siege of the fort during the War of 1812 at this precise time on this exact date....
comments powered by Disqus
- Supporters Rally Around Accused Russian Historian Of Stalin's Crimes
- Mormon history scholars file court brief over Trump travel ban
- Accused plagiarist Matthew Whitaker wins arbitration case against City of Phoenix over police contract
- Niall Ferguson says the liberal international order has passed its peak
- Nathaniel Philbrick wins the $50,000 2017 George Washington Prize