The oldest selfie picture captured in 1900 with Kodak Box Brownie cameraBreaking News
tags: pictures, photographs
Photographic Self-portraits have existed in a less persistent form roughly since the debut of the portable Kodak Brownie box camera in 1900.The method was usually by mirror and stabilizing the camera either on a nearby object or on a tripod while framing via a viewfinder at the top of the box.
From the grim-faced Edwardian woman in her patterned dress to the unsmiling visage of photographer Robert Cornelius, the world's oldest selfies are a surprisingly joyless bunch....
comments powered by Disqus
- The ‘nation’s report card’ says it assesses critical thinking in history
- A ‘Quest for Justice’ for Murdered Civil Rights Pioneer, 52 Years Later
- Under Trump, Most Americans Lack Basic Knowledge to Understand Current Events, Study Finds
- Trump wants a military parade down Pennsylvania Avenue on July 4th
- What Happens When an Entire Campus Is Rooted in the Confederacy?
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond
- ‘Fake news’ from 1738 offers lessons for modern historians, says Missouri scholar
- Peter Dreier calls on Americans to build monuments to liberal heroes