The oldest selfie picture captured in 1900 with Kodak Box Brownie cameratags: pictures, photographs
Photographic Self-portraits have existed in a less persistent form roughly since the debut of the portable Kodak Brownie box camera in 1900.The method was usually by mirror and stabilizing the camera either on a nearby object or on a tripod while framing via a viewfinder at the top of the box.
From the grim-faced Edwardian woman in her patterned dress to the unsmiling visage of photographer Robert Cornelius, the world's oldest selfies are a surprisingly joyless bunch....
comments powered by Disqus
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830
- UK teaching "invented" history as EU propaganda, says Cambridge professor
- The move accelerates to show that black people have a history
- Eric Foner says he insisted on his MOOC on the Civil War being free
- Ellen Schrecker backs “National Adjunct Walkout Day” as a brilliant tactic