The oldest selfie picture captured in 1900 with Kodak Box Brownie cameratags: pictures, photographs
Photographic Self-portraits have existed in a less persistent form roughly since the debut of the portable Kodak Brownie box camera in 1900.The method was usually by mirror and stabilizing the camera either on a nearby object or on a tripod while framing via a viewfinder at the top of the box.
From the grim-faced Edwardian woman in her patterned dress to the unsmiling visage of photographer Robert Cornelius, the world's oldest selfies are a surprisingly joyless bunch....
comments powered by Disqus
- Raleigh Trevelyan, Chronicler of a Notable Family, Dies at 91
- Former spokesman of B.C. anti-immigration group wants UBC history prof fired
- Harvard's Steven Shapin Wins History of Science Award
- Middle East Studies Association Fights a Rising Tide of Critics
- Juan Cole says the postwar Middle East governments were modeled on the Soviet Union, though not communist (interview)