UNL history professor Thomas Borstelmann becomes SHAFR’s new presidenttags: University of Nebraska, SHAFR, Thomas Borstelmann
University of Nebraska-Lincoln professor Thomas Borstelmann will be the vice president and president-elect of the Society for Historians of American Foreign Relations, or SHAFR.
SHAFR is a 45-year-old organization dedicated to the study of the history of American foreign relations. The group also lobbies the government to release previously classified documents after the 25-year classification has ended.
“I was delighted, shocked and delighted … and honored,” the Elwood N. and Katherine Thompson professor of modern world history said about receiving the call from the nomination committee....
comments powered by Disqus
- WWII Atomic Bomb Project Had More Than 1,500 “Leaks”
- Neanderthal 'Art' Found In Cave Sheds Surprising New Light On Ancient Intelligence
- Midterm Election Mind-Reading: The Market Tends to Win
- Proof surfaces for affair between Queen Victoria and her male assistant
- Could humans cause another Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum?
- Pro-Israel website chides Middle East Studies professors, claiming they’re apologists for Hamas
- UCLA Economist, Known as Railroad Historian, Dies at 89
- David Rosand, an Art History Scholar Whose Heart Was in Venice, Dies at 75
- NYT interviews Rick Perlstein about his book