UNL history professor Thomas Borstelmann becomes SHAFR’s new presidenttags: University of Nebraska, SHAFR, Thomas Borstelmann
University of Nebraska-Lincoln professor Thomas Borstelmann will be the vice president and president-elect of the Society for Historians of American Foreign Relations, or SHAFR.
SHAFR is a 45-year-old organization dedicated to the study of the history of American foreign relations. The group also lobbies the government to release previously classified documents after the 25-year classification has ended.
“I was delighted, shocked and delighted … and honored,” the Elwood N. and Katherine Thompson professor of modern world history said about receiving the call from the nomination committee....
comments powered by Disqus
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Researchers have discovered a previously unknown 149-page manuscript defending homosexuality.
- What Counts as Historical Evidence? The Fracas over John Stauffer’s Black Confederates
- Israeli journalist-turned-biographer, Shabtai Teveth, is remembered for his attack on the New Historians
- Harvard’s Drew Faust says the Civil War marked the start of large-scale industrial war, not WW I