UNL history professor Thomas Borstelmann becomes SHAFR’s new presidenttags: University of Nebraska, SHAFR, Thomas Borstelmann
University of Nebraska-Lincoln professor Thomas Borstelmann will be the vice president and president-elect of the Society for Historians of American Foreign Relations, or SHAFR.
SHAFR is a 45-year-old organization dedicated to the study of the history of American foreign relations. The group also lobbies the government to release previously classified documents after the 25-year classification has ended.
“I was delighted, shocked and delighted … and honored,” the Elwood N. and Katherine Thompson professor of modern world history said about receiving the call from the nomination committee....
comments powered by Disqus
- Russian History Receives a Makeover That Starts With Ivan the Terrible
- Parsing Ronald Reagan’s Words for Early Signs of Alzheimer’s
- Here's a look at history of 'religious freedom' laws
- ‘Hamilton’ Puts Politics Onstage and Politicians in Attendance
- Earth Tectonic Plate Simulation Reveals Our Planet Has Changed A Lot In 200 Million Years
- Historians make it easy for visitors to DC to understand the history of the Mall
- History's Grandin Wins Bancroft Prize for "The Empire of Necessity"
- Nobel prize-winning scientist writes a history of science
- Ken Burns tackles history of cancer