UNL history professor Thomas Borstelmann becomes SHAFR’s new presidenttags: University of Nebraska, SHAFR, Thomas Borstelmann
University of Nebraska-Lincoln professor Thomas Borstelmann will be the vice president and president-elect of the Society for Historians of American Foreign Relations, or SHAFR.
SHAFR is a 45-year-old organization dedicated to the study of the history of American foreign relations. The group also lobbies the government to release previously classified documents after the 25-year classification has ended.
“I was delighted, shocked and delighted … and honored,” the Elwood N. and Katherine Thompson professor of modern world history said about receiving the call from the nomination committee....
comments powered by Disqus
- Did a historian who said he’s a victim of McCarthyism get the story wrong?
- Stephanie Coontz’s work on the history of marriage cited by the Supreme Court.
- How Does It Feel To Have One’s Work as a Historian Cited by the Supreme Court? Cool. Very Cool. Thank You Very Much.
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- David Hackett Fischer wins $100,000 prize for lifetime achievement in military writing