UNL history professor Thomas Borstelmann becomes SHAFR’s new presidenttags: University of Nebraska, SHAFR, Thomas Borstelmann
University of Nebraska-Lincoln professor Thomas Borstelmann will be the vice president and president-elect of the Society for Historians of American Foreign Relations, or SHAFR.
SHAFR is a 45-year-old organization dedicated to the study of the history of American foreign relations. The group also lobbies the government to release previously classified documents after the 25-year classification has ended.
“I was delighted, shocked and delighted … and honored,” the Elwood N. and Katherine Thompson professor of modern world history said about receiving the call from the nomination committee....
comments powered by Disqus
- History will be trailing Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe during his visit to the United States.
- Former foes honour Gallipoli's fallen on 100th anniversary
- Website exhibit unveiled for the first gay sit-in
- Climate Change Contributed Towards the Collapse of the Maya
- Armenia debuts website devoted to genocide
- How did common people mourn Lincoln after his passing?
- Stanford historian uncovers the dark roots of humanitarianism
- Historian hailed for offering a history of the culture wars
- Scholars to set the West straight about "Apocalyptic Hopes, Millennial Dreams and Global Jihad"
- Why Eugene Genovese’s 2 sentences about Vietnam went viral in 1965