Historian Mubarak Ali honored in KarachiHistorians in the News
tags: historians, Pakistan
KARACHI - The work of the veteran historian Dr Mubarak Ali remembered and treasured by eminent speakers at an appreciation ceremony of the book “Challenges of History Writing in South Asia: Special Volume in honour of Dr Mubarak Ali” done on the occasion of the 6th International Urdu Conference organised by Arts Council of Pakistan, on Sunday afternoon.
The ceremony, presided by Indian historian and former Vice Chancellor of Jawaharlal University, New Delhi, Prof Harbans Mukhiya was addressed by a panel of speakers including Executive Director of Pakistan Institute of Labour Education and Research (PILER) Karamat Ali; Chairman of Pakistan Study Centre, University of Karachi Dr Jaffar Ahmed; Syed Buland Sohail; Tasneem Siddiqui and Dr Riaz Shaikh of Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Institute of Science and Technology.
Prof Harbans Mukhiya in his presidential address appreciated the writings of Dr Mubarak Ali and said the latter has launched a movement against communalism in Pakistan. It is quite difficult to write history in India, but it is even more difficult in Pakistan, he added. Dr Mubarak Ali is doing it with dedication and brevity....
comments powered by Disqus
- Two maps explain the racial history behind Alabama’s senate vote
- Fingerprints of Russian Disinformation: From AIDS to Fake News
- The original Watergate lock that burglars picked open is going to auction
- Trump, Mueller And The Ancient History Of Grants Of Immunity
- Documents show Gorbachev was assured US wouldn't expand NATO into Central and Eastern Europe
- The Daily Mail is highlighting claims by a Cambridge don that teachers are helping to foster resentment by presenting history as the struggle of minority groups
- Historians Are Calling Out Trump Online Whenever He Misreads the Past
- Linda Gordon’s new book captures how white supremacy has long been part of our political mainstream
- Yale Civil Rights history course is a "call to action" and a chance "to be woke”
- Gil Troy back’s Trump decision on Jerusalem