60 Minutes: Capitol Dome at 150
If you’re yearning for something that rises above the dysfunctional politics of Washington, we have just the thing, 288 feet above, in fact. Tomorrow marks the 150th anniversary of the completion of the Capitol Dome. It’s hard to imagine America without this crowning achievement but when you hear the story of how it was created it becomes hard to imagine that our dome exists at all. We were given amazing access for this story. And you’re about to see the dome like you’ve never seen it before.
comments powered by Disqus
- David Rosand, an Art History Scholar Whose Heart Was in Venice, Dies at 75
- NYT interviews Rick Perlstein about his book
- OAH issues a statement in support of the AP standards
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?