Gold Coin From 1854 Goes on Block
"You get a sense of the raw frontier, the forty-niners and everything else when you hold a coin like this," he said. Mr. Mudd said the attraction for collectors and investors would push the price to more than $150,000. The auction is on Sept. 18 in Beverly Hills, Calif.
comments powered by Disqus
- Conference delves into effects of climate change on native people
- History professor says the Vikings never came to Newfoundland
- NYT praises James McPherson for finding a way to remain objective about Jeff Davis
- Historian says the removal of Nazi-era art to Switzerland makes restitution unlikely
- Martin Kramer blasts MESA and Steven Salaita