Sri Lankan minister: David Cameron behaving like a "colonialist"Breaking News
tags: United Kingdom, British Empire, David Cameron, Sri Lanka
David Cameron has been accused of behaving like a colonialist by a Sri Lankan minister after he called for an independent inquiry into alleged war crimes in the country.
Mr Cameron will travel to Sri Lanka this week for the Commonwealth Heads of Government meeting.
The Prime Minister has faced calls to pull out of the summit over concerns about Sri Lanka's human rights record as well as allegations of war crimes committed during the country's civil war....
comments powered by Disqus
- What Robert E. Lee Wrote to The Times About Slavery in 1858
- ICC orders Mali extremist to pay $3.2 million in reparations
- Political Rage Over Statues? Old News in the Old World
- Deadly U.S. Embassy Bombing in Kenya Was ‘Avoidable,’ According to Scorching New Memoir
- There are certain moments in US history when Confederate monuments go up
- Eric Foner says in an interview that it’s not necessary to remove Confederate statues
- Philip Zelikow says the government should crack down on armed groups of militants
- Conservatives complain that a "Pro-gay U.S. embassy features ‘art’ by anti-Trump professor”
- N. D. B. Connolly says Charlottesville showed that liberalism can’t defeat white supremacy
- Historian William I. Hitchcock schools policymakers: Ike never threatened to use nukes in North Korea