Sri Lankan minister: David Cameron behaving like a "colonialist"tags: United Kingdom, British Empire, David Cameron, Sri Lanka
David Cameron has been accused of behaving like a colonialist by a Sri Lankan minister after he called for an independent inquiry into alleged war crimes in the country.
Mr Cameron will travel to Sri Lanka this week for the Commonwealth Heads of Government meeting.
The Prime Minister has faced calls to pull out of the summit over concerns about Sri Lanka's human rights record as well as allegations of war crimes committed during the country's civil war....
comments powered by Disqus
- Hull of Confederate Submarine H.L. Hunley Found 150 Years Later
- U.S. Textbook Skews History, Prime Minister of Japan Says
- Recalling a Film From the Liberation of the Camps
- Skull Fossil Offers New Clues on Human Journey From Africa
- Are crude conspiracies right? Research shows nations really do go to war over oil
- Columbia University professors Eric Foner, Alan Brinkley, and Alice Kessler-Harris to retire
- A powerhouse appropriations subcommittee is now headed by a historian: Republican Rep. Tom Cole (OK)
- Slavic scholars divided over a scholarship sponsored (and withdrawn) by Stephen F. Cohen
- Claire Strom to Step Down as Editor of Agricultural History