Sri Lankan minister: David Cameron behaving like a "colonialist"tags: United Kingdom, British Empire, David Cameron, Sri Lanka
David Cameron has been accused of behaving like a colonialist by a Sri Lankan minister after he called for an independent inquiry into alleged war crimes in the country.
Mr Cameron will travel to Sri Lanka this week for the Commonwealth Heads of Government meeting.
The Prime Minister has faced calls to pull out of the summit over concerns about Sri Lanka's human rights record as well as allegations of war crimes committed during the country's civil war....
comments powered by Disqus
- Most Millennials Resist the ‘Millennial’ Label
- Isis profits from destruction of antiquities by selling relics to dealers – and then blowing up the buildings they come from to conceal the evidence of looting
- China military parade commemorates WW2 victory over Japan
- New documentary explores the legacy of the 5,000 Rosenwald schools set up by a Sears magnate and Booker T. Washington
- Rare silent Native American movie of 1920s attracting a lot of interest
- Historian Evelyn Brooks Higginbotham wins National Humanities Medal
- AHA President Vicki L. Ruiz named National Humanities Medalist
- Historians of Color Are Revolutionizing the Narrative of ‘American Exceptionalism’
- Henry VIII voted worst monarch in history
- The Fuhrer style: Historian says press coverage of Hitler’s lavish life fueled his rise to power