Sri Lankan minister: David Cameron behaving like a "colonialist"Breaking News
tags: United Kingdom, British Empire, David Cameron, Sri Lanka
David Cameron has been accused of behaving like a colonialist by a Sri Lankan minister after he called for an independent inquiry into alleged war crimes in the country.
Mr Cameron will travel to Sri Lanka this week for the Commonwealth Heads of Government meeting.
The Prime Minister has faced calls to pull out of the summit over concerns about Sri Lanka's human rights record as well as allegations of war crimes committed during the country's civil war....
comments powered by Disqus
- Tales of African-American History Found in DNA
- History Celebrates New Show Roots With Project to Digitize Post-Slavery Documents
- In 1453, this Ottoman sultan ended Christian rule in Constantinople. But was he a good Muslim?
- Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation among documents sold for $6.2m in New York
- Family shines light on American POW killed by Hiroshima blast
- History Relevance Campaign meets at the Smithsonian
- Bernard Lewis Turns 100
- David Lowenthal, author of "The Past Is a Foreign Country,” says it’s folly to scratch the names of slaveholders off buildings
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize