Timothy Naftali Joins NYU as the Tamiment Library’s New DirectorHistorians in the News
tags: NYU, Timothy Naftali, Tamiment Library
Dean of New York University Libraries Carol A. Mandel announced today the designation of presidential historian Timothy Naftali as Head of the Tamiment Library and Robert F. Wagner Labor Archives and co-director of NYU’s Center for the United States and the Cold War and of the Frederic Ewen Academic Freedom Center. Naftali is an historian who studies leaders, power, and international affairs. He is currently a senior research fellow in the national security studies program at the New America Foundation, and was the first director of the federal Richard Nixon Presidential Library and Museum. Naftali will assume his duties at NYU on January 13, 2014.
“Tamiment Library is one of the most distinguished special collections in the country devoted to the history of left politics, labor, and social protest movements,” says Mandel. “Scholars from around the world look to its collections to shed new light on issues from workers’ rights to the fight for academic freedom to women’s history and much more. I am delighted that these unique archives will be stewarded and expanded under the guidance of Tim Naftali, a prolific writer and scholar. He brings a vision for Tamiment shaped by his interest in the impact of social activism, past and present, and a deep commitment to public engagement with history.”...
comments powered by Disqus
- Trump Holds Wide Lead in South Carolina
- An All-or-Nothing Fight for the Supreme Court
- Did Trump Really Lose the Debate?
- Scalia’s Death Sets Off Epic Battle
- Democrats See Gift in GOP Blocking Court Nominee
- Quote of the Day
- The Nastiest GOP Debate
- Reaction to the Republican Debate
- The GOP Presidential Debate
- How Clinton Could Respond on Supreme Court Vacancy
- Trump and Clinton Way Ahead in South Carolina
- McConnell Says Senate Will Wait to Replace Scalia
- Antonin Scalia Is Dead
- Clinton Says Sanders Would Be Threat to Obama Legacy
- Internal Tracker Shows Trump Leading in South Carolina
- Ben Carson used an apparently fake Joseph Stalin quote — and the Internet loved it
- Rubio exaggerates in saying it's been 80 years since a 'lame duck' made a Supreme Court nomination
- Humans Hard-Wired to Teach, Anthropologist Says
- Parents outraged after students shown ‘white guilt’ cartoon for Black History Month
- Maryland is once again considering retiring its state song
- Historian at the center of Sanders-Clinton debate
- James Loewen Says Additional Baltimore Confederate Statues Should be Removed
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- A historian’s advice to students thinking of getting a PhD in a tough economic climate
- German historian Heinz Richter cleared of charges