Civil War topics part of D.C. history conferencetags: conferences, meetings
The 40th Annual Historical Studies Conference, scheduled from Nov. 14 to 17, includes lectures and panel discussions of interest to Civil War enthusiasts. Extremely well planned with morning to night presentations, the conference is a true bargain at $20.
On Thursday, the first event for the “Marching on Washington” conference will be held at George Washington University where Northwestern University associate professor of history Kate Masur will speak on “Black Politics in Civil War Washington: What Spielberg’s Lincoln Didn’t Tell You.”...
comments powered by Disqus
- Here's a look at history of 'religious freedom' laws
- ‘Hamilton’ Puts Politics Onstage and Politicians in Attendance
- Earth Tectonic Plate Simulation Reveals Our Planet Has Changed A Lot In 200 Million Years
- For G.O.P., Support for Israel Becomes New Litmus Test
- Yale’s Beinecke Library Buys Vast Collection of Lincoln Photos
- History's Grandin Wins Bancroft Prize for "The Empire of Necessity"
- Nobel prize-winning scientist writes a history of science
- Ken Burns tackles history of cancer
- If historians have their way, Americans will soon learn how important religion has been in US history
- Role-playing history game gets students jazzed