Civil War topics part of D.C. history conferencetags: conferences, meetings
The 40th Annual Historical Studies Conference, scheduled from Nov. 14 to 17, includes lectures and panel discussions of interest to Civil War enthusiasts. Extremely well planned with morning to night presentations, the conference is a true bargain at $20.
On Thursday, the first event for the “Marching on Washington” conference will be held at George Washington University where Northwestern University associate professor of history Kate Masur will speak on “Black Politics in Civil War Washington: What Spielberg’s Lincoln Didn’t Tell You.”...
comments powered by Disqus
- New Information Spotlights General Dwight D. Eisenhower's Early Misgivings about First Nuclear Use
- As Islamic State group threatens its history, Iraq moves to digitize its national library
- An Old Songbook Could Put ‘Happy Birthday’ in the Public Domain
- Number of women leaders around the world has grown, but they’re still a small group
- Say goodbye to the weirdest border dispute in the world
- Robert Conquest, Historian Who Documented Soviet Horrors, Dies at 98
- Richard Rothstein says government policy created ghettos
- The Islamic historian who can explain why some states fail and others succeed
- High school senior credited with debunking book by Professor Richard Jensen
- Historians at loggerheads over the AP standards