Civil War topics part of D.C. history conferencetags: conferences, meetings
The 40th Annual Historical Studies Conference, scheduled from Nov. 14 to 17, includes lectures and panel discussions of interest to Civil War enthusiasts. Extremely well planned with morning to night presentations, the conference is a true bargain at $20.
On Thursday, the first event for the “Marching on Washington” conference will be held at George Washington University where Northwestern University associate professor of history Kate Masur will speak on “Black Politics in Civil War Washington: What Spielberg’s Lincoln Didn’t Tell You.”...
comments powered by Disqus
- South Dakota drops history as a high school requirement
- The Forgotten History Of 'Violent Displacement' That Helped Create The National Parks
- Gospel of Jesus’ Wife May Be Authentic, New Tests Suggest
- Architect Sought for Obama’s Presidential Library Complex
- 2016 election's leading candidates have strong Jewish family ties
- Historians tackle America’s mass incarceration problem
- Report: Russian studies in crisis
- Ken Burns: Donald Trump’s birtherism — a “politer way of saying the ‘N-word'” — proves America isn’t remotely “post-racial”
- Medievalist calls on historians to welcome pop culture
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?