Spielberg to adapt Doris Kearns Goodwin's "The Bully Pulpit"tags: Hollywood, Theodore Roosevelt, doris kearns goodwin, Steve Spielberg
NEW YORK -- NEW YORK (AP) — Steven Spielberg and Doris Kearns Goodwin are reteaming after their Oscar-winning collaboration on "Lincoln."
DreamWorks Studios announced Wednesday that it has acquired the film rights to Goodwin's upcoming "The Bully Pulpit: Theodore Roosevelt, William Taft and the Golden Age of Journalism." Spielberg, a principal partner of DreamWorks, last year released his acclaimed adaption of Goodwin's "Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln."
Spielberg said that Goodwin has "once again given us the best seats in the house where we can watch two dynamic American personalities in a battle for power and friendship."
comments powered by Disqus
- 1,000 + have signed a petition protesting US government plan to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Vietnam War
- Historian and raconteur Raychauduri dies in UK
- Group is drawing attention to the historic swath between Gettysburg and Monticello
- Conference delves into effects of climate change on native people
- History professor says the Vikings never came to Newfoundland