Spielberg to adapt Doris Kearns Goodwin's "The Bully Pulpit"Historians in the News
tags: Hollywood, Theodore Roosevelt, doris kearns goodwin, Steve Spielberg
NEW YORK -- NEW YORK (AP) — Steven Spielberg and Doris Kearns Goodwin are reteaming after their Oscar-winning collaboration on "Lincoln."
DreamWorks Studios announced Wednesday that it has acquired the film rights to Goodwin's upcoming "The Bully Pulpit: Theodore Roosevelt, William Taft and the Golden Age of Journalism." Spielberg, a principal partner of DreamWorks, last year released his acclaimed adaption of Goodwin's "Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln."
Spielberg said that Goodwin has "once again given us the best seats in the house where we can watch two dynamic American personalities in a battle for power and friendship."
comments powered by Disqus
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Tourism spot for Colonial Williamsburg shocks some New Yorkers during Super Bowl 50 for use of 9/11 attack footage
- We asked 6 political scientists if Bernie Sanders would have a shot in a general election
- The price of oil has plummeted and with it Russia’s finances
- Legal scholars at Harvard debate Cruz’s eligibility to serve as president
- Has one of Sally Hemings’s siblings been neglected by history unfairly?
- Retired historian George Dennison remains on the payroll at the U. of Montana while faculty are cut
- The Atlantic profiles exciting ways to teach history
- LDS Church has gone from 0 to 4 historians specializing in women’s history
- American Historical Association protests Turkey’s crackdown on historians and other academics who signed a a petition critical of the Turkish government
- Israeli historian Yair Auron lays out details of a massacre in 1948