Rumored Nazi Tunnels In Norway To Be Explored Using 3D RadarBreaking News
tags: Nazis, archaeology, Norway
A former history teacher hopes to use ground-penetrating radar to uncover a network of Nazi tunnels believed to be beneath Oslo's city streets.
Øyvind Skarlund was once the head of history at Oslo's Handelsgymnasium, a public high school in the Norwegian capital, according to The Local. The school, a former headquarters for Nazi military leaders during World War II, has a Nazi bunker in its cellar which is now a memorial to the German occupation.
It was this introduction to underground Nazi construction that piqued Skarlund's interest in the possibility of exploring Oslo's reputed tunnel network....
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Historian Benjamin Madley says what whites did to Indians in the 19th century in California was genocide.
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)