Rumored Nazi Tunnels In Norway To Be Explored Using 3D RadarBreaking News
tags: Nazis, archaeology, Norway
A former history teacher hopes to use ground-penetrating radar to uncover a network of Nazi tunnels believed to be beneath Oslo's city streets.
Øyvind Skarlund was once the head of history at Oslo's Handelsgymnasium, a public high school in the Norwegian capital, according to The Local. The school, a former headquarters for Nazi military leaders during World War II, has a Nazi bunker in its cellar which is now a memorial to the German occupation.
It was this introduction to underground Nazi construction that piqued Skarlund's interest in the possibility of exploring Oslo's reputed tunnel network....
comments powered by Disqus
- Craig Shirley says Ted Cruz is right and the Huffington Post wrong about Ronald Reagan’s 1980 Presidential Campaign
- Mystery at Notre Dame: A priest-historian has been forced to back off a project promoting authentic Catholic education
- William & Mary launching a gay history project
- "I teach the largest gay and lesbian history class in the country."
- Another year of declines in history enrollments