Rumored Nazi Tunnels In Norway To Be Explored Using 3D RadarBreaking News
tags: Nazis, archaeology, Norway
A former history teacher hopes to use ground-penetrating radar to uncover a network of Nazi tunnels believed to be beneath Oslo's city streets.
Øyvind Skarlund was once the head of history at Oslo's Handelsgymnasium, a public high school in the Norwegian capital, according to The Local. The school, a former headquarters for Nazi military leaders during World War II, has a Nazi bunker in its cellar which is now a memorial to the German occupation.
It was this introduction to underground Nazi construction that piqued Skarlund's interest in the possibility of exploring Oslo's reputed tunnel network....
comments powered by Disqus
- The Most Controversial Psych Study Is Repeated — Same Weird Result
- A new book explores the stunning revelation that Hemingway spied for the USSR
- A President’s Restless Corpse May Be on the Move Again in Tennessee
- How China and the U.S. might collide — or not
- Major Viking Age Archaeological Find Discovered in Denmark
- The New York Times celebrates biographer Richard Holmes
- Historians are in demand! (On cruise ships)
- Douglas Brinkley says there’s a "smell of treason in the air"
- Mary Maples Dunn, Advocate of Women’s Colleges and President of Smith, Dies at 85
- Gil Troy says Jews and Israelis are the victims of a “Hate Swarm”