UCR Historian Launches Archaeological Societytags: Archaeological Institute of America, Denver Graninger
RIVERSIDE, Calif. — A series of events aimed at increasing local interest in archaeology will be held in Riverside and Redlands this fall, organized by UC Riverside history professor Denver Graninger.
Graninger is working to establish a local society of the Archaeological Institute of America (AIA), the oldest and largest organization in North America devoted to archaeology. The nonprofit group, founded in 1879 and chartered by Congress in 1906, has more than 200,000 members in local societies in the United States...
comments powered by Disqus
- Judith Kelleher Schafer, 72, a historian of slavery and prostitution, dies
- Northwestern celebrates Garry Wills with a book in his honor
- Conservatives go after UCLA's historian James Gelvin
- Laura Hillenbrand writes her masterpieces despite suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- New PBS DVD From Henry Louis Gates Jr. Explores African Influence on the Caribbean