Daily Astorian: History On Hold As Shutdown Closes Parktags: government shutdown
The federal shutdown ordered in Washington, D.C., has kept visitors to the region from experiencing a key part of North Coast history.
Lewis and Clark National Historical Park shut its gates Tuesday after a federal budget agreement fell through in Congress. A cruise ship with 2,670 passengers arrived that morning with many hoping to see where the Corps of Discovery made its winter camp and built Fort Clatsop....
comments powered by Disqus
- Stanford historian uncovers the dark roots of humanitarianism
- Historian hailed for offering a history of the culture wars
- Scholars to set the West straight about "Apocalyptic Hopes, Millennial Dreams and Global Jihad"
- Why Eugene Genovese’s 2 sentences about Vietnam went viral in 1965
- Historians named to the 2015 class of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences