Daily Astorian: History On Hold As Shutdown Closes ParkBreaking News
tags: government shutdown
The federal shutdown ordered in Washington, D.C., has kept visitors to the region from experiencing a key part of North Coast history.
Lewis and Clark National Historical Park shut its gates Tuesday after a federal budget agreement fell through in Congress. A cruise ship with 2,670 passengers arrived that morning with many hoping to see where the Corps of Discovery made its winter camp and built Fort Clatsop....
comments powered by Disqus
- Barbara and Karen Fields discuss their new book, "Racecraft"
- What’s Antifa all about? Mark Bray explains.
- Historian Keisha N. Blain tells the story of black nationalist women in her new book
- War or Peace for North Korea: A call for Action by Historians for Peace and Democracy
- George Will goes after liberal historian David Goldfield