Daily Astorian: History On Hold As Shutdown Closes Parktags: government shutdown
The federal shutdown ordered in Washington, D.C., has kept visitors to the region from experiencing a key part of North Coast history.
Lewis and Clark National Historical Park shut its gates Tuesday after a federal budget agreement fell through in Congress. A cruise ship with 2,670 passengers arrived that morning with many hoping to see where the Corps of Discovery made its winter camp and built Fort Clatsop....
comments powered by Disqus
- Did a historian who said he’s a victim of McCarthyism get the story wrong?
- Stephanie Coontz’s work on the history of marriage cited by the Supreme Court.
- How Does It Feel To Have One’s Work as a Historian Cited by the Supreme Court? Cool. Very Cool. Thank You Very Much.
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- David Hackett Fischer wins $100,000 prize for lifetime achievement in military writing