New history of Australia to be launchedHistorians in the News
TIM PALMER: A new history of Australia will be launched by the Governor General in Melbourne today, just as the Federal Education Minister Christopher Pyne is indicating he's happy to reopen the so-called history wars.
One of the editors of the new Cambridge History of Australia is the prolific and left leaning academic professor Stuart Macintyre.
A decade ago he wrote The History Wars, critiquing the reinterpretation of European settlement in Australia. He says the Federal Government would be well advised to refrain from re-opening old debates....
comments powered by Disqus
- US returning land to Japan on Okinawa it's controlled since World War II
- NJ college students discover their building is named after a racist and want it changed
- Sinclair Lewis Predicted Trump—And Us
- Harvesting Government History, One Web Page at a Time
- 'Arbeit Macht Frei’ Gate Thought to Be Stolen From Dachau Is Found
- Niall Ferguson changes his mind about Brexit (he’s now for it)
- Princeton’s Julian Zelizer worried about the rise of anti-Semitism
- New Ken Burns' 'Vietnam War' documentary tackles divisive era
- Rightwing website is putting historians on its “Watchlist” for signs of apostasy
- Novelist says History classes are our best hope for teaching Americans to question fake news and Donald Trump