New history of Australia to be launchedHistorians in the News
TIM PALMER: A new history of Australia will be launched by the Governor General in Melbourne today, just as the Federal Education Minister Christopher Pyne is indicating he's happy to reopen the so-called history wars.
One of the editors of the new Cambridge History of Australia is the prolific and left leaning academic professor Stuart Macintyre.
A decade ago he wrote The History Wars, critiquing the reinterpretation of European settlement in Australia. He says the Federal Government would be well advised to refrain from re-opening old debates....
comments powered by Disqus
- Savannah Approves Changes to Confederate Monument From 1875
- Law Professor Eric Posner Proposes Bringing Back Indentured Servitude
- Public Rates Presidents: Kennedy, Reagan, Obama at Top
- Elizabeth Warren’s striking speech responding to Trump’s “Pocahontas” taunts
- When the next generation looks racially different from the last, political tensions rise
- Was This Technology historian plagiarized? Sure seems like she was.
- Meet the new authorized historian of Britain's communications intelligence agency
- Lerone Bennett Jr., journalist and historian of African American life, dies at 89
- Right after the Civil War, says Stanford's Richard White, Americans were really hopeful, then reality hit
- What departments of history are doing about lower enrollments