New history of Australia to be launchedtags: Australia
TIM PALMER: A new history of Australia will be launched by the Governor General in Melbourne today, just as the Federal Education Minister Christopher Pyne is indicating he's happy to reopen the so-called history wars.
One of the editors of the new Cambridge History of Australia is the prolific and left leaning academic professor Stuart Macintyre.
A decade ago he wrote The History Wars, critiquing the reinterpretation of European settlement in Australia. He says the Federal Government would be well advised to refrain from re-opening old debates....
comments powered by Disqus
- Joan Baez, Sly Stone, Steve Martin, Ben E. King -- all honored by the Library of Congress
- StoryCorps to Launch Global Expansion With $1M TED Prize
- Hofstra Event Looks at Bush Presidency
- Did Israel steal uranium from a town in Pennsylvania in the 1960s?
- Sequel to Nelson Mandela's Long Walk to Freedom to be published next year
- Emory’s Leslie Harris says we should remember the racist roots of American colleges as we think about what went wrong at OU and other schools
- Stanford historian looks to the U.S. Postal Service to map the boom and bust of 19th-century American West
- U.S. historian denounces Japanese scholars' statement over wartime sexual slavery
- Timothy V Johnson Named Head of Tamiment Library
- History Camp "unconference" returns for the second year in Boston