Polish archaeologists discovered a Roman garrison commander's house in the CrimeaBreaking News
tags: Roman Empire
Praetorium, Roman garrison commander's property, has been discovered by found Polish archaeologists working in the Crimea, told PAP Dr. Radosław Karasiewicz-Szczypiorski of the Institute of Archaeology, University of Warsaw, head of excavations in Balaklava, Ukraine.
Until now, researchers have speculated that this house was located at the citadel in nearby Chersonesus.
Archaeologists studied the building of unknown purpose in previous seasons. This year's work allowed for its full exploration....
comments powered by Disqus
- The Complicated History of Abortion and Abortion Law in the United States
- Discovery of Earliest Known Record of Mayan Calendar
- Buffalo Shooting Centuries in Making, Say Historians of Slavery and Reconstruction
- Isaac Chotiner Interviews Kathleen Belew on White Power and the Buffalo Mass Shooting
- What if Mental Illness Isn't All In Your Head?