Polish archaeologists discovered a Roman garrison commander's house in the CrimeaBreaking News
tags: Roman Empire
Praetorium, Roman garrison commander's property, has been discovered by found Polish archaeologists working in the Crimea, told PAP Dr. Radosław Karasiewicz-Szczypiorski of the Institute of Archaeology, University of Warsaw, head of excavations in Balaklava, Ukraine.
Until now, researchers have speculated that this house was located at the citadel in nearby Chersonesus.
Archaeologists studied the building of unknown purpose in previous seasons. This year's work allowed for its full exploration....
comments powered by Disqus
- Boston Refused to Close Schools During the 1918 Flu. Then Children Began to Die
- Trump Won’t Win by Doubling-Down on his Racist Appeals but the Right’s Open Bigotry Comes at a Cost
- What to Stream: A Blazing Interview with Orson Welles By Richard Brody
- Trump’s Attack on the Postal Service Is a Threat to Democracy—and to Rural America
- Kamala Harris and the Growing Political Power of Black Women