Archaeology dig set in Jacksonville's Chinese QuarterBreaking News
Southern Oregon University archaeologists will return to Jacksonville next month to conduct more excavations at the old Chinese Quarter.
Working in collaboration with the Oregon Department of Transportation and the city of Jacksonville, SOU's Laboratory of Anthropology will do excavations along Main Street from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. The public is invited to watch. Main Street is located south of California Street and runs from First to Fifth streets....
SOU's archaeological work this year will expand on previous excavations in an attempt to uncover buildings associated with the neighborhood when it burned in the late 1880s....
comments powered by Disqus
- The Daily Mail is highlighting claims by a Cambridge don that teachers are helping to foster resentment by presenting history as the struggle of minority groups
- Historians Are Calling Out Trump Online Whenever He Misreads the Past
- Linda Gordon’s new book captures how white supremacy has long been part of our political mainstream
- Yale Civil Rights history course is a "call to action" and a chance "to be woke”
- Gil Troy back’s Trump decision on Jerusalem