Rural History Collector Keeps Outhouse Memories AliveHistorians in the News
tags: Rural History, Material History
DES MOINES -- The landscape of rural America has been radically altered in the last half century.
This time we're not talking about the rise of industrial agriculture with its vast livestock confinement facilities or genetically modified, fertilized crops. We're not talking about the encroachment of suburban sprawl. This isn't a story of wind turbines sprouting in the middle of cornfields or GPS-enabled tractors.
Today's worry is the disappearance of the lowly outhouse...
comments powered by Disqus
- Supporters Rally Around Accused Russian Historian Of Stalin's Crimes
- Mormon history scholars file court brief over Trump travel ban
- Accused plagiarist Matthew Whitaker wins arbitration case against City of Phoenix over police contract
- Niall Ferguson says the liberal international order has passed its peak
- Nathaniel Philbrick wins the $50,000 2017 George Washington Prize