'History Makers' to Visit 2 IPS High Schoolstags: African-American history
Indianapolis students will have a chance to hear from two local women who have been described as “history makers,” and possibly get inspired to make history of their own.
Students from two area high schools will hear the stories of television host and minister Rev. Dr. Angelique Walker-Smith and newspaper owner, editor, and nonprofit chief executive Eunice Trotter on Sept. 27...
...Walker-Smith and Trotter will join more than 500 African-American “history makers” visiting schools in other cities nationwide for the 4th Annual Back to School with the History Makers program, which is designed to encourage students to commit to excellence and their education...
comments powered by Disqus
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830
- UK teaching "invented" history as EU propaganda, says Cambridge professor
- The move accelerates to show that black people have a history
- Eric Foner says he insisted on his MOOC on the Civil War being free
- Ellen Schrecker backs “National Adjunct Walkout Day” as a brilliant tactic