Andrew Bacevich on Amy Goodman's "Democracy Now!"Historians in the News
In his new book, Breach of Trust: How Americans Failed Their Soldiers and Their Country, Andrew Bacevich looks at the growing gulf between America’s soldiers and the society that sends them off to war. Bacevich served in the U.S. Army for 23 years and retired at the rank of colonel. He is now a professor of history and international relations at Boston University. His son, Andrew, died in the Iraq War. “Now that the war in Iraq has ended,” Bacevich writes, “Americans might ponder the question of what the loss of several thousand soldiers there signifies. I have grappled with that question myself, not altogether successfully.”
comments powered by Disqus
- U.S. Will Give Terrorist Label to White Supremacist Group for First Time
- Bible Museum, Admitting Mistakes, Tries to Convert Its Critics
- Will The Coronavirus Change How Skeptics Think About Science?
- Pandemic Journal, March 30–April 5
- Myron Rolle, now a doctor treating coronavirus patients, draws on football background in crisis