Roman-era tombs found in Alexandriatags: Ancient Rome
Alexandria's antiquities department has discovered a new archaeological monument in the eastern area of the city.
Supreme Council of Antiquities announced a new discovery of the tombs of the builders of the pyramids near the Great Pyramid on the January 10, 2010 [Credit: Egypt Independent] Archaeologists revealed several items, including cisterns, pottery remains, and a headstone. The items were transferred to Alexandria National Museum. All items belong to the Roman era....
comments powered by Disqus
- Bettany Hughes interview: The historian on how Socrates would have solved Greece's problems
- U.K. Released Hundreds of Nazis After the Holocaust, Says Leading Historian
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Historians Against the War gathering signatures for new resolution to AHA on alleged violations of academic freedom in Israel
- Academic Seeks Death Certificate for Outlaw Billy the Kid