Roman-era tombs found in Alexandriatags: Ancient Rome
Alexandria's antiquities department has discovered a new archaeological monument in the eastern area of the city.
Supreme Council of Antiquities announced a new discovery of the tombs of the builders of the pyramids near the Great Pyramid on the January 10, 2010 [Credit: Egypt Independent] Archaeologists revealed several items, including cisterns, pottery remains, and a headstone. The items were transferred to Alexandria National Museum. All items belong to the Roman era....
comments powered by Disqus
- New Churchill Museum director shares vision
- Judith Kelleher Schafer, 72, a historian of slavery and prostitution, dies
- Northwestern celebrates Garry Wills with a book in his honor
- Conservatives go after UCLA's historian James Gelvin
- Laura Hillenbrand writes her masterpieces despite suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome