Virginia names scholar to new Mormon studies chairtags: Mormon history
Kathleen Flake, a scholar of early Mormonism, has been named the first occupant of a new chair in Mormon studies at the University of Virginia. The chair, named for the historian Richard Lyman Bushman and supported by a $3 million endowment from anonymous donors, is the first of its kind at a major public university, and the first in the East....
comments powered by Disqus
- Conference delves into effects of climate change on native people
- History professor says the Vikings never came to Newfoundland
- NYT praises James McPherson for finding a way to remain objective about Jeff Davis
- Historian says the removal of Nazi-era art to Switzerland makes restitution unlikely
- Martin Kramer blasts MESA and Steven Salaita