Virginia names scholar to new Mormon studies chairtags: Mormon history
Kathleen Flake, a scholar of early Mormonism, has been named the first occupant of a new chair in Mormon studies at the University of Virginia. The chair, named for the historian Richard Lyman Bushman and supported by a $3 million endowment from anonymous donors, is the first of its kind at a major public university, and the first in the East....
comments powered by Disqus
- Stanford historian uncovers the dark roots of humanitarianism
- Historian hailed for offering a history of the culture wars
- Scholars to set the West straight about "Apocalyptic Hopes, Millennial Dreams and Global Jihad"
- Why Eugene Genovese’s 2 sentences about Vietnam went viral in 1965
- Historians named to the 2015 class of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences