Virginia names scholar to new Mormon studies chairtags: Mormon history
Kathleen Flake, a scholar of early Mormonism, has been named the first occupant of a new chair in Mormon studies at the University of Virginia. The chair, named for the historian Richard Lyman Bushman and supported by a $3 million endowment from anonymous donors, is the first of its kind at a major public university, and the first in the East....
comments powered by Disqus
- Hero Marine Dad Will Unleash Hell Itself If Daughter’s World History Class Says Muslims Are Real
- Historians Against the War joins peace activists in pressing Congress to support a diplomatic solutions to conflict with Iran over nukes
- Despite new hires, Yale history department retains vacancies
- African-American Professor: Reagan Did More To Help Black Education Than Obama
- Turning West, Historians Take a Wider View of Early America