Bill Gates plans to teach Australian man's history course in schools worldwidetags: Bill Gates
Billionaire Bill Gates is seeking to revolutionise the way history is taught in high schools across the world, based on the work of Australian academic Professor David Christian.
He designed a course called Big History which covers nearly 14 billion years of history from the Big Bang to the internet and beyond.
It gives students a wide-angle look at the universe and humanity's presence on the cosmic timeline, by combining the sciences, history and economics into one cohesive story.
Mr Gates has been so inspired by Professor Christian's work he has proposed a partnership to expand his teachings to all Australian and US high schools and, ultimately, classrooms around the world.....
comments powered by Disqus
- Joan Baez, Sly Stone, Steve Martin, Ben E. King -- all honored by the Library of Congress
- StoryCorps to Launch Global Expansion With $1M TED Prize
- Hofstra Event Looks at Bush Presidency
- Did Israel steal uranium from a town in Pennsylvania in the 1960s?
- Sequel to Nelson Mandela's Long Walk to Freedom to be published next year
- OAH denounces anti-gay legislation signed by Indiana governor
- Emory’s Leslie Harris says we should remember the racist roots of American colleges as we think about what went wrong at OU and other schools
- Stanford historian looks to the U.S. Postal Service to map the boom and bust of 19th-century American West
- U.S. historian denounces Japanese scholars' statement over wartime sexual slavery
- Timothy V Johnson Named Head of Tamiment Library