Bill Gates plans to teach Australian man's history course in schools worldwidetags: Bill Gates
Billionaire Bill Gates is seeking to revolutionise the way history is taught in high schools across the world, based on the work of Australian academic Professor David Christian.
He designed a course called Big History which covers nearly 14 billion years of history from the Big Bang to the internet and beyond.
It gives students a wide-angle look at the universe and humanity's presence on the cosmic timeline, by combining the sciences, history and economics into one cohesive story.
Mr Gates has been so inspired by Professor Christian's work he has proposed a partnership to expand his teachings to all Australian and US high schools and, ultimately, classrooms around the world.....
comments powered by Disqus
- Most Millennials Resist the ‘Millennial’ Label
- Isis profits from destruction of antiquities by selling relics to dealers – and then blowing up the buildings they come from to conceal the evidence of looting
- China military parade commemorates WW2 victory over Japan
- New documentary explores the legacy of the 5,000 Rosenwald schools set up by a Sears magnate and Booker T. Washington
- Rare silent Native American movie of 1920s attracting a lot of interest
- Historian Evelyn Brooks Higginbotham wins National Humanities Medal
- AHA President Vicki L. Ruiz named National Humanities Medalist
- Historians of Color Are Revolutionizing the Narrative of ‘American Exceptionalism’
- Henry VIII voted worst monarch in history
- The Fuhrer style: Historian says press coverage of Hitler’s lavish life fueled his rise to power