Last Hitler bodyguard Rochus Misch diesBreaking News
tags: Nazi Germany, Adolf Hitler
A former bodyguard of Adolf Hitler who witnessed the Nazi dictator's final hours has died in Germany aged 96.
Rochus Misch was the last survivor from Hitler's bunker in Berlin.
The former SS man had operated the telephones in the bunker and had proudly reminisced about his wartime duties for the "boss".
He had called Hitler "a very normal man... he was no brute, he was no monster", according to the Associated Press news agency.
comments powered by Disqus
- 10 questions and answers about America’s “Big Government”
- Lithuanian nationalists celebrate Holocaust-era quisling, Pepe the Frog near execution site
- Lincoln, Washington and Roosevelts remain history’s best presidents in survey
- Winston Churchill essay on 'aliens' found: 'British Bulldog' had a philosophical streak
- Doppelgänger ethics: Why Austria arrested a Hitler double
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit
- Yuval Noah Harari foresees a god-like future for humans
- Published Historian Of Spain Indicted By A Federal Grand Jury For Possession Of Child Pornography
- Stephen F. Cohen continuing his lonely campaign to stop the media from "Kremlin-Baiting President Trump”
- Seven Books Named as Finalists for the 2017 $50,000 George Washington Prize