Saddam Hussein's rifle up for saletags: Iraq, auctions, artifacts, firearms, Saddam Hussein, rifles
Feeling nostalgic for the good old days of the Iraq War?
An online auction site is selling a rifle once owned by Saddam Hussein — allegedly the one he so famously waved around and festively fired in the air at various public events. The price of owning a little piece of history to help you remember that other brutal dictator known for occasionally gassing his own people?...
comments powered by Disqus
- On Time-Lapse Rocket Ride to Trade Center’s Top, Glimpse of Doomed Tower
- Turkish Premier Says European Stance on Armenian Genocide Reflects Racism
- Ben Affleck Asked PBS to Not Reveal Slave-Owning Ancestor
- Archaeologists Take Wrong Turn, Find World’s Oldest Stone Tools
- Evidence of Pre-Columbus Trade Found in Alaska House
- Historian Jack Ross says the Socialist Party was the most important third party of the 20th century
- Mourning a People’s Historian: Michael Mizell-Nelson
- Robert V. Hine dies at 93; historian wrote of losing, regaining sight
- Historicizing Ferguson: Police Violence and the Genesis of a National Movement
- Historians as Public Intellectuals