Saddam Hussein's rifle up for saletags: Iraq, auctions, artifacts, firearms, Saddam Hussein, rifles
Feeling nostalgic for the good old days of the Iraq War?
An online auction site is selling a rifle once owned by Saddam Hussein — allegedly the one he so famously waved around and festively fired in the air at various public events. The price of owning a little piece of history to help you remember that other brutal dictator known for occasionally gassing his own people?...
comments powered by Disqus
- Joan Baez, Sly Stone, Steve Martin, Ben E. King -- all honored by the Library of Congress
- StoryCorps to Launch Global Expansion With $1M TED Prize
- Hofstra Event Looks at Bush Presidency
- Did Israel steal uranium from a town in Pennsylvania in the 1960s?
- Sequel to Nelson Mandela's Long Walk to Freedom to be published next year
- History Camp "unconference" returns for the second year in Boston
- History Department at Connecticut College deplores Facebook post on Palestinians
- Historians join other scholars in protesting Georgia's anti-gay legislation
- Homeland Security historian builds winning case against Salvadoran leader who oversaw crimes
- What Howard Zinn taught the students of Spelman College