An 83-year-old woman in Pennsylvania said she had her father’s arm in the basement.
Doughboy’s artificial arm makes its way back to Kansas CityBreaking News
tags: World War I, artifacts, Liberty Memorial, doughboys
Oh yeah, Doran Cart wanted it.
It was a prosthetic limb once used by an American soldier wounded in battle during the First World War.
“We didn’t have anything like this in the collection,” said Cart, senior curator at the National World War I Museum at Liberty Memorial. “It’s a personal item. It shows the humanity and the remnants of war.”...
comments powered by Disqus
- Craig Shirley says Ted Cruz is right and the Huffington Post wrong about Ronald Reagan’s 1980 Presidential Campaign
- Mystery at Notre Dame: A priest-historian has been forced to back off a project promoting authentic Catholic education
- William & Mary launching a gay history project
- "I teach the largest gay and lesbian history class in the country."
- Another year of declines in history enrollments