An 83-year-old woman in Pennsylvania said she had her father’s arm in the basement.
Doughboy’s artificial arm makes its way back to Kansas CityBreaking News
tags: World War I, artifacts, Liberty Memorial, doughboys
Oh yeah, Doran Cart wanted it.
It was a prosthetic limb once used by an American soldier wounded in battle during the First World War.
“We didn’t have anything like this in the collection,” said Cart, senior curator at the National World War I Museum at Liberty Memorial. “It’s a personal item. It shows the humanity and the remnants of war.”...
comments powered by Disqus
- Call to help Moroccan historian Maâti Monjib, who has been on hunger strike since 6 October 2015
- Charles Gillispie, trailblazer in the history of science, dies at 97
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- NC student’s senior thesis selected as top paper sheds light on little-known victory over Jim Crow
- Historian Who Probed Austria’s Nazi Past Begins Sentence for Defrauding State