Rare World War One poster collection to go onlinetags: World War I, Scotland, digital history, propaganda posters
One of the largest collections of original posters from World War I has been stored away in a Greenock museum and only occasionally put on display. Now, thanks to a lottery grant, they are all to be digitised and made available online.
WITH their beaming smiles and jaunty step, you might almost be mistaken for thinking that these cartoon characters are appealing for young boys to join them on a Famous Five type adventure.
Even the rosy-cheeked chaps request of “Line Up Boys - Enlist Today” manages to mask the true horror of the advert - looking for young recruits to boost the First World War effort - which became one of the deadliest conflicts in human history....
comments powered by Disqus
- Colorado Students Strip Naked in Protest of ‘Censorship’ of AP History Classes
- They should give this definition of History to all first year undergrads on their first day
- Field Report: What I learned by attending a workshop on Korean history
- Historians suggest ways California can integrate gay history into the school curriculum
- Now it’s Andrew Bacevich’s turn to do a MOOC