2,000-year-old Roman ship found off Genoatags: archaeology, Italy, Ancient Rome, Genoa
The discovery was made by police divers off the coast of Porto Maurizio, Liguria, Il Secolo XIX reported.
At least 50 Roman vases were found in the ship, 50 metres below sea level, which remains completely intact.
“This is an exceptional discovery,” Lieutenant Colonel Francesco Schilardi told the newspaper.
“Now it’s a matter of protecting the ship and keeping the grave...
comments powered by Disqus
- West Point historian says if his cadets can understand the history of war, so can Congress
- Australian historian Alan Atkinson wins $100,000 literary prize
- From his perch in Saudi Arabia, Princeton’s Mark Cohen says Jews and Muslims should remember they used to get along
- Duke honors historian John Hope Franklin with year-long series of events
- What New Left History Gave Us