2,000-year-old Roman ship found off GenoaBreaking News
tags: archaeology, Italy, Ancient Rome, Genoa
The discovery was made by police divers off the coast of Porto Maurizio, Liguria, Il Secolo XIX reported.
At least 50 Roman vases were found in the ship, 50 metres below sea level, which remains completely intact.
“This is an exceptional discovery,” Lieutenant Colonel Francesco Schilardi told the newspaper.
“Now it’s a matter of protecting the ship and keeping the grave...
comments powered by Disqus
- Karen L. Cox says historians shouldn’t be afraid to embrace YouTube to reach millennials
- You Know Your History? These Podcasts Aren’t So Sure.
- Victor Davis Hanson says Trump Must "Retire as Twitter Champ”
- The Daily Mail is highlighting claims by a Cambridge don that teachers are helping to foster resentment by presenting history as the struggle of minority groups
- Historians Are Calling Out Trump Online Whenever He Misreads the Past