Desecrated site a loss for all AustraliansBreaking News
tags: Australia, Aborigines, vandalism, Northern Territory, The Australian
THE desecration of an Aboriginal sacred site in the Northern Territory is a loss of heritage for all Australians, a magistrate says.
Magistrate Sue Oliver on Friday found that OM (Manganese) Ltd damaged and desecrated a sacred site known in English as Two Women Sitting Down, at Bootu Creek, about 170km north of Tennant Creek.
This is the first desecration conviction in Australia.
The company blasted and mined 40 metres away from the site, causing it to collapse in 2011.
"What has been there for many thousands of years has been lost forever," Ms Oliver said....
comments powered by Disqus
- Unilateral U.S. nuclear pullback in 1991 matched by rapid Soviet cuts
- More Historians Come Out for Trump
- History lesson horrifies parent: Blacks used to have ‘strong work ethic’ during slavery
- Philippines President Compares Himself To Hitler in Anti-Crime Rant
- U.S. Extradites Baltimore Professor to Rwanda to Stand Trial for Genocide