Lincoln Memorial vandalizedtags: Huffington Post, D.C., Washington, Lincoln Memorial, vandalism
The Lincoln Memorial in Washington D.C. was vandalized overnight.
According to NBCWashington, green paint was splattered inside the chamber of the memorial, on Lincoln and on the floor around it.
The monument will be closed while National Park Service crews clean up the mess, The Associated Press reported.
There's no word yet on who desecrated the monument or what their motive was for doing so....
comments powered by Disqus
- Harvard acquires Thoreau's notes on the death of Margaret Fuller
- It’s a national historic site, but hardly anybody visits the Idaho internment camp where thousands of Japanese Americans were incarcerated in WW II
- Big-time Hollywood director makes a movie about Stonewall
- HMS Victory: The mystery of Britain's worst naval disaster is finally solved - 271 years later
- A salute lost to history
- High school senior credited with debunking book by Professor Richard Jensen
- Historians at loggerheads over the AP standards
- Bettany Hughes interview: The historian on how Socrates would have solved Greece's problems
- U.K. Released Hundreds of Nazis After the Holocaust, Says Leading Historian
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?