Lincoln Memorial vandalizedtags: Huffington Post, D.C., Washington, Lincoln Memorial, vandalism
The Lincoln Memorial in Washington D.C. was vandalized overnight.
According to NBCWashington, green paint was splattered inside the chamber of the memorial, on Lincoln and on the floor around it.
The monument will be closed while National Park Service crews clean up the mess, The Associated Press reported.
There's no word yet on who desecrated the monument or what their motive was for doing so....
comments powered by Disqus
- Revised AP U.S. History Standards Will Emphasize American Exceptionalism
- In a county that tried to amend U.S. history course, a lesson in politics
- Overhauling La Guardia, an Airport With a Historical Name but a Tarnished Image
- Now it can be told: The weakening of the Voting Rights Act of 1965 is the crowning achievement of GOP partisans who detested the law
- Japanese textbooks may sanitize history, but comic art books don't
- Historians Against the War gathering signatures for new resolution to AHA on alleged violations of academic freedom in Israel
- Academic Seeks Death Certificate for Outlaw Billy the Kid
- Murderer of historian of Czech Jewry goes on trial
- Election results are in for the American Historical Association
- Nial Ferguson warns Obama’s bet on Iran has low odds of success