Lincoln Memorial vandalizedtags: Huffington Post, D.C., Washington, Lincoln Memorial, vandalism
The Lincoln Memorial in Washington D.C. was vandalized overnight.
According to NBCWashington, green paint was splattered inside the chamber of the memorial, on Lincoln and on the floor around it.
The monument will be closed while National Park Service crews clean up the mess, The Associated Press reported.
There's no word yet on who desecrated the monument or what their motive was for doing so....
comments powered by Disqus
- Most Millennials Resist the ‘Millennial’ Label
- Isis profits from destruction of antiquities by selling relics to dealers – and then blowing up the buildings they come from to conceal the evidence of looting
- China military parade commemorates WW2 victory over Japan
- New documentary explores the legacy of the 5,000 Rosenwald schools set up by a Sears magnate and Booker T. Washington
- Rare silent Native American movie of 1920s attracting a lot of interest
- Historian Evelyn Brooks Higginbotham wins National Humanities Medal
- AHA President Vicki L. Ruiz named National Humanities Medalist
- Historians of Color Are Revolutionizing the Narrative of ‘American Exceptionalism’
- Henry VIII voted worst monarch in history
- The Fuhrer style: Historian says press coverage of Hitler’s lavish life fueled his rise to power