Senate Appropriations Subcommittee Restores Sequester Cuts to NHPRC for FY 14tags: sequestration, budgets, National Coalition for History, Capitol Hill, U.S. Senate, U.S. Congress
The Senate Financial Services & General Government Subcommittee today passed a FY 14 funding bill that provides $5 million for the National Historical Publications & Records Commission (NHPRC). NCH had asked for level funding of $4.75 million. However the subcommittee went beyond that amount for FY 14 and restored the $250,000 cut under the sequester in FY 13.
The full Appropriations Committee is expected to adopt this funding level when it marks up the bill on July 25.
Last week, the House Appropriations Committee rejected zeroing out the NHPRC and adopted an amendment that restored $3 million for FY 14.
Thank you to everyone who sent alerts or called their Senators! It obviously made a huge difference!
comments powered by Disqus
- Raleigh Trevelyan, Chronicler of a Notable Family, Dies at 91
- Former spokesman of B.C. anti-immigration group wants UBC history prof fired
- Harvard's Steven Shapin Wins History of Science Award
- Middle East Studies Association Fights a Rising Tide of Critics
- Juan Cole says the postwar Middle East governments were modeled on the Soviet Union, though not communist (interview)