Queen's University history prof. victim of hate letterstags: gay history, Canada, hate speech, Queen's University, Kingston
A woman who received two threatening letters on Wednesday for being in a same-sex relationship is revealed to be Queen’s University history professor Karen Dubinsky.
Dubinsky and her partner Susan Belyea say they received two letters that claimed affiliation with a Christian group based in the “Deep South,” which told the couple to move from Kingston or be subject to “deadly serious consequences.”...
comments powered by Disqus
- 'Bloody Sunday' altered history of a horrified nation
- South Korean President Urges Japan to Admit Past Wrongs
- Ancient DNA challenges popular theory of Indo-European language arrival in Europe
- 15 Years On, Museum Where Slaves Landed Taking Form
- Civil Rights Landmark Bridge is Named for Reputed KKK Leader
- Nancy Cott selected as the next President-Elect of the Organization of American Historians
- Scholar calls ISIS destruction of antiquities an example of ethnic cleansing
- Historian Qingjia Edward Wang never thought he would one day write a book about chopsticks.
- Bernard Bailyn’s influence on the profession is hailed in the WSJ
- Biographer of a Progressive reformer says it's odd reading stories about inequality in the news every day