The honorary chairman of the Chinese Kuomintang Party (KMT), has called on the people to have a right view of historyBreaking News
The interview was carried out when China marked the 60th anniversary of the Chinese people's war of resistance against Japanese aggression and the world anti-fascist war.
Lien's grandfather moved to the mainland after Taiwan was cededto Japan in 1895. Recalling his childhood during the war of resistance against Japanese aggression in northwest China, he saidthe bombing of Japanese planes was "too fierce and cruel."
"The July 7 Incident in 1937 was a unprompted and self-conscious rebellion of the whole Chinese nation against Japanese aggression. I believe it was a history of struggle of theentire nation, which is of a historical significance to today's Taiwan in particular," he said.
comments powered by Disqus
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017
- A team of science historians are attempting to re-create recipes from sixteenth-century alchemy texts
- David Kennedy recalls his dinners with President Obama
- When Kellie Jones Wanted To Study Black Art History, The Field Didn’t Exist. So She Created It Herself.
- Michael Honey: The 60’s activist turned historian