The honorary chairman of the Chinese Kuomintang Party (KMT), has called on the people to have a right view of historyBreaking News
The interview was carried out when China marked the 60th anniversary of the Chinese people's war of resistance against Japanese aggression and the world anti-fascist war.
Lien's grandfather moved to the mainland after Taiwan was cededto Japan in 1895. Recalling his childhood during the war of resistance against Japanese aggression in northwest China, he saidthe bombing of Japanese planes was "too fierce and cruel."
"The July 7 Incident in 1937 was a unprompted and self-conscious rebellion of the whole Chinese nation against Japanese aggression. I believe it was a history of struggle of theentire nation, which is of a historical significance to today's Taiwan in particular," he said.
comments powered by Disqus
- VW fires corporate historian who drew attention to wartime ties to Nazis
- Trump Recording Narrows Divide on Sexual Assault
- SUNY professor says Trump win at least 87 percent certain; other polls 'bunk'
- Petition Started to Include Clarence Thomas in National African American Museum
- The Racial Politics of Nat Turner Tours
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller