The honorary chairman of the Chinese Kuomintang Party (KMT), has called on the people to have a right view of historyBreaking News
The interview was carried out when China marked the 60th anniversary of the Chinese people's war of resistance against Japanese aggression and the world anti-fascist war.
Lien's grandfather moved to the mainland after Taiwan was cededto Japan in 1895. Recalling his childhood during the war of resistance against Japanese aggression in northwest China, he saidthe bombing of Japanese planes was "too fierce and cruel."
"The July 7 Incident in 1937 was a unprompted and self-conscious rebellion of the whole Chinese nation against Japanese aggression. I believe it was a history of struggle of theentire nation, which is of a historical significance to today's Taiwan in particular," he said.
comments powered by Disqus
- Watch Robert Kennedy Push Gun Control In Same Town As Recent Mass Shooting
- October is LGBT History Month
- Textbook publisher apologizes for passage referring to slavery as immigration
- 60 Minutes interviews the priest who’s made it his mission to expose the forgotten victims of the Holocaust
- ISIS Destroys Triumphal Arches in Palmyra, Syria
- Finally some good news for history grads
- Historians issue statement in support of European migrants
- Conservative historian Arthur Herman slammed for saying Obama is highly submissive to Putin and other strong leaders
- Intellectual historians to gather in October
- Yuri N. Afanasyev, Historian Who Repudiated Communism, Dies at 81