National Park Service livestreaming Gettysburg reenactmentBreaking News
tags: Gettysburg, National Park Service, reenactments, livestreaming
WHAT: This year marks the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Gettysburg, a major turning point in the Civil War that ended General Robert E. Lee's invasion of the North and also served as inspiration for President Abraham Lincoln's famous “Gettysburg Address”. EarthCam and the National Park Service have teamed up to transport viewers to another time with spectacular live views of the Gettysburg battle field.
WHY: Watch Pickett's Charge March live as it happens on July 3 from 3:00 to 4:30pm ET from EarthCam's high-definition live streaming webcam positioned atop the Codori Barn. The Nicholas Codori farm is located just south of Gettysburg on the east side of Emmitsburg Road where it was the scene of heavy fighting on July 2 and proved to be an obstacle to advancing troops of Pickett's Charge on July 3. See participants walk in the footsteps of Confederate Soldiers who made the attack from Seminary Ridge or Union Soldiers who defended ground on Cemetery Ridge.
HOW: Enjoy live views of the Gettysburg Battlefield and watch Pickett's Charge March Live from EarthCam's camera at www.earthcam.com/gettysburg, or go to www.gettysburgfoundation.org and click on the “Watch Pickett's Charge Live!” button.
comments powered by Disqus
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Transcribed Document: Soviet Politburo Discussed CIA Billion Dollar Spy Adolf Tolkachev
- Pentagon withholds Iraq War photos showing detainee abuse
- These Rebels Have Amassed A Library From Syria’s Ruins
- Was 1916 fire at Canadian Parliament set by German saboteur?
- United Nations Calls On U.S. To Pay African Americans Reparations For Slavery
- Juan Cole says America’s inclination to turn to the military started with Manifest Destiny
- History Jobs Drop
- Paul Krugman gives credence to Robert J. Gordon's pessimism about American economic growth
- Harvard President Drew Faust Condemns Free Tuition Proposal from Outsider Overseers Ticket
- Andrew Roberts says Trump is the Mussolini of America with double the vulgarity