Former USC history prof. Walter Lee Williams arrested for child molestationtags: Walter Lee Williams, sex crimes, LGBT historians, USC, ABC 7
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A former University of Southern California professor accused of engaging in illicit sex acts with children pleaded not guilty to federal charges Thursday afternoon.
The FBI says Walter Lee Williams, 64, allegedly traveled from Los Angeles to the Philippines in January 2011 to engage in sex acts with two 14-year-old boys he met online in 2010.
Williams was arrested in Playa del Carmen, Mexico, on Tuesday after being recognized by a tipster. He returned to Los Angeles Wednesday night....
Williams taught history, anthropology and gender studies at USC until 2011. The investigation into Williams started in 2011 after a student at USC notified authorities that the professor may have targeted young boys for sex....
comments powered by Disqus
- Rare silent Native American movie of 1920s attracting a lot of interest
- It happened in Idaho and was the largest massacre of Indians in US history, but where exactly did it take place?
- Junípero Serra’s Missions Destroyed Entire Native Cultures. And Now He’s Going to Be a Saint.
- Isis destruction of Palmyra's Temple of Bel revealed in satellite images
- McKinley's lost his mountain. Should we still remember his presidency?
- Japanese historian upends the familiar narrative of WW 2 by taking a bottom up approach, focusing on fascism from the grassroots
- Holocaust-denying historian David Irving organises 'disgusting' £2,000-a-head holiday tours of former concentration camps and Hitler's HQ so people can 'make up their own mind about the truth'
- 72 history professors sign letter urging removal of Jefferson Davis statue from Kentucky Capitol
- 10 Years After Katrina, the Enduring Value of the Hurricane Digital Memory Bank
- Historian author Antony Beevor says his new World War 2 book may anger Americans