Did a missile down TWA Flight 800?Breaking News
tags: New York City, disasters, TWA Flight 800, airplane crashes, NZ Herald
Former investigators are pushing to reopen the probe into the 1996 crash of TWA Flight 800 off the coast of New York, saying new evidence points to the often-discounted theory that a missile strike may have downed the jumbo jet.
The New York-to-Paris flight crashed July 17, 1996, just minutes after the jetliner took off from John F. Kennedy Airport, killing all 230 people aboard.
The effort to reopen the probe is being made in tandem with the release next month of a documentary that features the testimony of former investigators who raise doubts about the National Transportation Safety Board's conclusion that the crash was caused by a center fuel tank explosion, probably caused by a spark from a short-circuit in the wiring....
comments powered by Disqus
- Princeton's Kevin Kruse takes to Twitter to prove that the Senate has indeed filibustered SCOTUS nominees
- The Lawyer vs. the Historian
- Roger Wilkins, civil rights champion in government and journalism, dies at 85
- Ken Burns making documentary on Muhammad Ali
- Rick Perlstein is asked if Trump’s like Nixon