British Museum launches gay history guidetags: museums, gay history, BBC News, LGBT, British Museum, Simon Russell Beale
The British Museum has launched a guide focusing on elements of homosexuality to be found in its collection.
A Little Gay History draws on objects ranging from ancient Egyptian papyri and the erotic scenes on the Roman Warren Cup to images by David Hockney.
Written by curator Richard Parkinson, it explores artistic portrayals of what it means to be gay and the difficulties in finding records of same-sex desire.
The guide is accompanied by an audio trail featuring Simon Russell Beale....
comments powered by Disqus
- Israel Museum turns a 'brief history of humankind' into exhibit
- What Niall Ferguson's been tweeting lately
- Scholar of Urban Riots: Expect More Unrest
- Historian says Indian mascots remain popular even at schools that dropped them
- A column by Johns Hopkins historian N. D. B. Connolly causes a firestorm on the website of New York Times