British Museum launches gay history guideBreaking News
tags: museums, gay history, BBC News, LGBT, British Museum, Simon Russell Beale
The British Museum has launched a guide focusing on elements of homosexuality to be found in its collection.
A Little Gay History draws on objects ranging from ancient Egyptian papyri and the erotic scenes on the Roman Warren Cup to images by David Hockney.
Written by curator Richard Parkinson, it explores artistic portrayals of what it means to be gay and the difficulties in finding records of same-sex desire.
The guide is accompanied by an audio trail featuring Simon Russell Beale....
comments powered by Disqus
- Why You Should Feel Free to Ignore Polls for a Few Weeks
- Neanderthals in Germany Went Extinct Right After Population Peak
- A Worker Broke a Window at Yale and Shed Light on History
- Which Barack Obama speech is the one for the history books?
- A Brief History Of Spousal Speeches At Political Conventions