Catherine Wanner to lead Penn State honors program started by Paterno familyHistorians in the News
tags: Catherine Wanner, Penn State, Joe Paterno, honors programs, Centre Daily Times
A Penn State history professor will take over as director of the honors program started with the help of the family of former head football coach Joe Paterno.
Catherine Wanner will become director of the Paterno Fellows Program in the College of the Liberal Arts starting July 1. She succeeds English professor Jack Selzer, who will return to teaching and research under a professorship endowed by the Paterno family.
The program is designed to challenge undergraduate students academically and to give them financial support to take on internships, study-abroad programs or research projects. Students have to maintain a 3.4 GPA....
comments powered by Disqus
- Previously untouched 600BC palace discovered under shrine demolished by Isil in Mosul
- Slate reveals that despite our apology, nothing’s been done to help Guatemalans infected in an experiment worse than Tuskegee
- Russian government website notes that game maker has sent “Secret Hitler” to every US senator
- Scholars debate the future of NATO
- Trump, Putin, and the New Cold War
- James Oliver Horton remembered as a pioneer for African American research
- Theodore Lowi, Zealous Scholar of Presidents and Liberalism, Dies at 85
- What LT. Gen. H.R. McMaster will offer as new national security adviser
- Fareed Zakaria hails historian Nigel Hamilton’s series as the memoir FDR never had the opportunity to write
- French Historian Says He Was Threatened With Deportation at Houston Airport