Call for investigation into 'lost white tribe'Breaking News
tags: shipwrecks, Australia, Dutch, Glit Dragon
A historian claims he has found the site of a Dutch settlement about 100 kilometres north of Perth, that pre-dates the First Fleet.
Henry Van Zanden believes the survivors from the Dutch shipwreck Gilt Dragon in 1656 came ashore and started a tribe which may have thrived into the 19th century.
A so-called white tribe was mentioned in a newspaper report in the 1830s but it has often been dismissed as a hoax.
Mr Van Zanden believes it refers to the group of 68 survivors of the Gilt Dragon who disappeared after coming ashore....
comments powered by Disqus
- Here’s the century-long history behind Colombia’s peace agreement with the FARC
- Unilateral U.S. nuclear pullback in 1991 matched by rapid Soviet cuts
- More Historians Come Out for Trump
- History lesson horrifies parent: Blacks used to have ‘strong work ethic’ during slavery
- Philippines President Compares Himself To Hitler in Anti-Crime Rant