BBC journalist posed as historian for NK visittags: historians, BBC, North Korea, journalists
A student has told how she was conned by the BBC into believing its journalist was a history professor so he travel to North Korea for a Panorama investigation.
The London School of Economics student, who wants to remain anonymous, has intensified pressure on the BBC, which is under fire over a Pyongyang documentary shown last night.
The student told MailOnline: '[Panorama journalist] John Sweeney was presented to use as a history professor from a university in Beijing.
'I was wondering why they were filming him so much. It was two days before then end of the trip that I realised he was an undercover journalist.'...
comments powered by Disqus
- Field Report: What I learned by attending a workshop on Korean history
- Historians suggest ways California can integrate gay history into the school curriculum
- Now it’s Andrew Bacevich’s turn to do a MOOC
- Historian enlists Plato in campaign to win converts to an exciting way to teach history
- Teachers walkout in Colorado over AP history controversy and pay