BBC journalist posed as historian for NK visitHistorians in the News
tags: historians, BBC, North Korea, journalists
A student has told how she was conned by the BBC into believing its journalist was a history professor so he travel to North Korea for a Panorama investigation.
The London School of Economics student, who wants to remain anonymous, has intensified pressure on the BBC, which is under fire over a Pyongyang documentary shown last night.
The student told MailOnline: '[Panorama journalist] John Sweeney was presented to use as a history professor from a university in Beijing.
'I was wondering why they were filming him so much. It was two days before then end of the trip that I realised he was an undercover journalist.'...
comments powered by Disqus
- Watch Robert Kennedy Push Gun Control In Same Town As Recent Mass Shooting
- October is LGBT History Month
- Textbook publisher apologizes for passage referring to slavery as immigration
- 60 Minutes interviews the priest who’s made it his mission to expose the forgotten victims of the Holocaust
- ISIS Destroys Triumphal Arches in Palmyra, Syria
- Finally some good news for history grads
- Historians issue statement in support of European migrants
- Conservative historian Arthur Herman slammed for saying Obama is highly submissive to Putin and other strong leaders
- Intellectual historians to gather in October
- Yuri N. Afanasyev, Historian Who Repudiated Communism, Dies at 81