Jane Fonda's "unforgivable mistake"tags: Vietnam, Vietnam War, Jane Fonda, Hanoi Jane, Hanoi
“I made one unforgivable mistake when I was in North Vietnam, and I will go to my grave with this,” Jane Fonda says on the Oprah Winfrey Network.
The actress and activist made an infamous trip to North Vietnam in 1972 where she was photographed singing with members of the North Vietnamese military as she sat on an anti-aircraft gun.
She was criticized then — and ever since — and says she understands the anger....
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian David Kaiser rallying alums who say Harvard's paying its endowment traders too much
- Colorado students protest proposed "censorship" of history curriculum
- Director's using Kickstarter to raise money for a film about the Kansas governor who implanted goat testicles in humans
- Human Ingenuity Can Fix Past Mistakes and Shape the Future, says Diane Ackerman
- Ken Burns is in a race to slow us down