Sinking of HMS Dasher still a mystery after 70 yearsBreaking News
tags: World War II, HMS Dasher, aircraft carriers, sinkings
It's the barely-known disaster which claimed the lives of four Birmingham seamen at the height of the Second World War.
But the sinking of HMS Dasher is still at the centre of mystery and intrigue, 70 years later.
A total of 379 lives were lost when the aircraft carrier went down in just eight minutes off the coast of Scotland on March 27, 1943.
The tragedy was put down to an explosion caused by petrol fumes igniting....
comments powered by Disqus
- Karen L. Cox says historians shouldn’t be afraid to embrace YouTube to reach millennials
- You Know Your History? These Podcasts Aren’t So Sure.
- Victor Davis Hanson says Trump Must "Retire as Twitter Champ”
- The Daily Mail is highlighting claims by a Cambridge don that teachers are helping to foster resentment by presenting history as the struggle of minority groups
- Historians Are Calling Out Trump Online Whenever He Misreads the Past