Sinking of HMS Dasher still a mystery after 70 yearsBreaking News
tags: World War II, HMS Dasher, aircraft carriers, sinkings
It's the barely-known disaster which claimed the lives of four Birmingham seamen at the height of the Second World War.
But the sinking of HMS Dasher is still at the centre of mystery and intrigue, 70 years later.
A total of 379 lives were lost when the aircraft carrier went down in just eight minutes off the coast of Scotland on March 27, 1943.
The tragedy was put down to an explosion caused by petrol fumes igniting....
comments powered by Disqus
- Norma Basch, pioneer in legal history, has died
- National History Day Helps 600,000 Kids Bring the Past to Life
- Finally some good news for history grads
- Historians issue statement in support of European migrants
- Conservative historian Arthur Herman slammed for saying Obama is highly submissive to Putin and other strong leaders