Cuba to pay tribute to Eric Hobsbawmtags: Communism, Cuba, Eric Hobsbawm, Marxism, Cuban News Agency
HAVANA, Cuba, Mar 20 (acn) The International Colloquium “Changing history, changing the world” under way at Havana’s Juan Marinello Cuban Institute for Cultural Research until Thursday, will be dedicated to British Marxist historian Eric Hobsbawm.
Hobsbawm (Alexandria, 1917 - London, 2012), considered one of the most important historians at a world level and a key thinker of 20th century history, will be honored by way of an analysis of his intellectual work, by renowned Cuban and foreign researchers.
Sponsored by the Antonio Gramsci Department, the meeting will bring together specialists from Great Britain and Latin America, like Jean Stubbs, Fernando Martinez Heredia, Pedro Pablo Rodriguez, Jorge Ibarra, Maria del Carmen Barcia, Nils Castro and Robin Blackburn, sources of the institute told ACN.
comments powered by Disqus
- Recalling a Film From the Liberation of the Camps
- Skull Fossil Offers New Clues on Human Journey From Africa
- Are crude conspiracies right? Research shows nations really do go to war over oil
- Famed SC civil rights protesters have convictions erased
- A Fight About Taxing The Wealthy, A Century Before President Obama
- Claire Strom to Step Down as Editor of Agricultural History
- Joan Peters’s legacy assessed by one of her fiercest critics, Norman Finkelstein
- West Point historian says if his cadets can understand the history of war, so can Congress
- Australian historian Alan Atkinson wins $100,000 literary prize