Cuba to pay tribute to Eric HobsbawmHistorians in the News
tags: Communism, Cuba, Eric Hobsbawm, Marxism, Cuban News Agency
HAVANA, Cuba, Mar 20 (acn) The International Colloquium “Changing history, changing the world” under way at Havana’s Juan Marinello Cuban Institute for Cultural Research until Thursday, will be dedicated to British Marxist historian Eric Hobsbawm.
Hobsbawm (Alexandria, 1917 - London, 2012), considered one of the most important historians at a world level and a key thinker of 20th century history, will be honored by way of an analysis of his intellectual work, by renowned Cuban and foreign researchers.
Sponsored by the Antonio Gramsci Department, the meeting will bring together specialists from Great Britain and Latin America, like Jean Stubbs, Fernando Martinez Heredia, Pedro Pablo Rodriguez, Jorge Ibarra, Maria del Carmen Barcia, Nils Castro and Robin Blackburn, sources of the institute told ACN.
comments powered by Disqus
- Did Salmonella Kill Off the Aztecs?
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- McMaster knows how national security policy can go wrong. Will that help him?
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”