Joint Resolution on Role of Women SuffragistsBreaking News
Introduced in the House of Representatives as H. J. Res. 59, by Rep. Shelley Berkley (D-NV), this resolution highlights some of the most important figures in the women's suffrage movement, the actions they undertook for the right to vote, and resolves that a national day of recognition be created in honor of the suffragists. Glen Taylor Elementary School students Hannah Low and Destiny Carroll inspired the resolution by starting their own petition drive and collecting hundreds of signatures supporting the idea of a national day of recognition.
comments powered by Disqus
- Steve Bannon Vows ‘War’ on His Own Party. It Didn’t Work So Well for F.D.R.
- Tom Hanks: 'If you're concerned about what's going on today, read history'
- 9.7-million-year-old teeth discovery in Germany could re-write human history
- Charleston's International African American Museum's big plans
- What’s inside the secret JFK assassination files?
- Presidential historian Michael Beschloss explains the significance of yesterday’s Bush-Obama attack on Trump
- Russian minister keeps doctorate despite plagiarism claims
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian