Joint Resolution on Role of Women Suffragists
Introduced in the House of Representatives as H. J. Res. 59, by Rep. Shelley Berkley (D-NV), this resolution highlights some of the most important figures in the women's suffrage movement, the actions they undertook for the right to vote, and resolves that a national day of recognition be created in honor of the suffragists. Glen Taylor Elementary School students Hannah Low and Destiny Carroll inspired the resolution by starting their own petition drive and collecting hundreds of signatures supporting the idea of a national day of recognition.
comments powered by Disqus
- It’s a national historic site, but hardly anybody visits the Idaho internment camp where thousands of Japanese Americans were incarcerated in WW II
- Big-time Hollywood director makes a movie about Stonewall
- HMS Victory: The mystery of Britain's worst naval disaster is finally solved - 271 years later
- A salute lost to history
- Here’s Why The 2016 Republican Presidential Primary Could Make History
- High school senior credited with debunking book by Professor Richard Jensen
- Historians at loggerheads over the AP standards
- Bettany Hughes interview: The historian on how Socrates would have solved Greece's problems
- U.K. Released Hundreds of Nazis After the Holocaust, Says Leading Historian
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?