Joint Resolution on Role of Women SuffragistsBreaking News
Introduced in the House of Representatives as H. J. Res. 59, by Rep. Shelley Berkley (D-NV), this resolution highlights some of the most important figures in the women's suffrage movement, the actions they undertook for the right to vote, and resolves that a national day of recognition be created in honor of the suffragists. Glen Taylor Elementary School students Hannah Low and Destiny Carroll inspired the resolution by starting their own petition drive and collecting hundreds of signatures supporting the idea of a national day of recognition.
comments powered by Disqus
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017
- A team of science historians are attempting to re-create recipes from sixteenth-century alchemy texts
- David Kennedy recalls his dinners with President Obama
- When Kellie Jones Wanted To Study Black Art History, The Field Didn’t Exist. So She Created It Herself.
- Michael Honey: The 60’s activist turned historian